LS radiator

/ LS radiator #1  

lspat

Tractor
LS g3038
Hello fellow LS owners, I have recently boughten a 2014 LS G3038 standard, used from a dealer. I have used it all last winter with out a hitch, this summer I was doing some landscaping around the property and noticed a coolant drip on the bottom of the rad hose. I figured it was a loose clamp so I went ahead and tightened it. But unfortunately the drip turned into a bigger leak. That being said i figured it was easier to pull the rad out and see what was the problem. Shockingly there was a patch put on the tank of the radiator. I pulled all the patch out that the previous owner had put in the crack, the crack was a pretty good size wide enough to put my finger thru and roughly 6" long. My question is, is this worth trying to fix? I already tried plastic welding it with no joy. I am hoping I can replace the plastic tank? If not is possible to cross reference these radiators with another rad? The rad for this tractor runs close to $1000 from the dealer I'm hoping I can cross reference it with a cheap type. Thanks for reading

2014 g3038

/ LS radiator #2  
$1000 for a little tractor radiator? That's pretty steep. You might try a different dealer just to make sure the price you're getting quoted is reasonable. You could also ask if the dealer would work with you, since you did buy it from them under the assumption that it was used, but in good condition. (Ask nicely, or you'll get nothing...)

I suppose you could also see if there's a New Holland model based on your 3038, and check price at a New Holland dealer. Probably more expensive, but you never know...

If that all fails, you could probably have a nice aluminum radiator custom made for less than $1k. There are more than a few custom radiator places, just google around.
Griffin comes to mind... Welcome to Griffin Custom Radiators

/ LS radiator
I gave new holland a call they where a little cheaper with a total of $684.00. I will check out griffins as well, and compare the prices. I think griffins may get call for another radiator for my case dozer as well. Thanks for the help!

/ LS radiator #4  
Radiator shops still exist. If you have one around, I would check with them and ask if the current radiator can be successfully repaired.

/ LS radiator #5  
Radiator shops still exist. If you have one around, I would check with them and ask if the current radiator can be successfully repaired.

If it has plastic tanks, and one tank is cracked, the only repair is to replace the tank. It can be done, but getting a tank may prove impossible. Never hurts to ask though... Even if they could find one that was close, it might be worth it.