What do I do with this?

/ What do I do with this? #1  

jdom84

Gold Member
Tractor
LS xj2025h
My brother dropped this off at my property this week and I don't have a use for it. He tried selling it on CL, but had no takers. He got it for free and was just about to take it to the scrap yard but I told him not to... so apparently its mine to deal with now.

00C0C_32BA7zJCGLx_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
   / What do I do with this? #2  
That depends. Are you the type to re purpose something like this into something that you can use? Own a welder and a plasma cutter and are looking for a vision here of what it can become? Heck if I want to get rid of something, I just put it in a valuable looking box and leave it in the back of the truck at the local mall in town for few hours. Of course, that isn't being helpful, now is it?;)

/ What do I do with this? #3  
I'd make a farm wagon/flat bed out of it to make it more versatile.

/ What do I do with this? #4  
Little bit cutting welding heck of trailer.

Would AG school be interested...free.

/ What do I do with this? #5  
The bare pto drive shaft is an accident waiting to happen.

/ What do I do with this?
I do have plasma cutters and welders, just not sure what to make of it. I have a 12k dump trailer that I use for just about everything, but a flat bed wagon type trailer would be pretty easy to make. The suspension is a bit different then what you would expect of a trailer though, it has a type of side to side articulating swivel frame with no axles. It might have to sit until next year when my 40x60 shop is completed.

/ What do I do with this? #7  
jdom84, The term is "walking beam" axle. This design is quite common on low speed off road ag trailers. The lack of springs makes it more stable on side slopes and cornering.
Note, check the tire speed rating , and what the relevant state speed limits are if you want to use it on road.

/ What do I do with this? #9  
The bare pto drive shaft is an accident waiting to happen.

Many years ago I repurposed a manure spreader that had a bare PTO. I'll be damned if that bare PTO did not jump out of my scrap pile, start turning at 540rpm and chase me around the back 40. I was only saved when I jumped on my old farmall (with no ROPs or seatbelt) and drove away on a side hill.

On a note that actually answers the question asked, I would turn it into a trailer also.