LS XR 4145 HC first 50 hours

/ LS XR 4145 HC first 50 hours #1  

deer assassin

Tractor
2017 LS XR4145HC 1967 oliver 550 gas
Well ole blue hit 49.1 hours so I did the 50 hour service tonight. wix hyd filters x 2 amsoil 5-40 diesel oil and amsoil oil filter

Well in the first 50 hours here are my random thoughts

I love the cab and a/c .....smartest thing i have ever done

I love the hst ......... just love it for loader work heck even bush hogging

45 hp is plenty for me but wish i had more and had gotten the 55 ... what ever size you need go bigger

moves a 5x5 round hay bale no problem no counter weight but filled tires

steers great

tooth bar rocks

only issue was at hour 27 the electric coil for the pto went out

i have bush hogged about 35 hours no issues love my titan 1506 hog

so far so good

here are some pics

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

/ LS XR 4145 HC first 50 hours #2  
Great pics!! I have the almost twin to yours LS 4155HC with R4's and an identical tooth bar. Almost 500 hrs and its doing great!

Look under your tractor at all the hoses and filters ready to get hit or pulled off by stuff you run over brush hogging. You may want to consider adding a skid plate. I made one and put on mine. Its pretty easy to do.

Good luck with your tractor and keep the pic's coming!!

/ LS XR 4145 HC first 50 hours
Very interested in a skid plate I have been meaning to start a thread about them. Looking for ideas and pictures of how ya did it

Thanks

/ LS XR 4145 HC first 50 hours #4  
Here ya go! 1/4" steel, 30"x42". Bolt holes are 1" inboard on the long side and 2" inboard on the short side. I was going to use 6 bolts but with the 4 bolts tight the plate is very rigid.

For paint I cleaned the mill scale, scuffed it and used red oxide primer. I used some wal-mart roll on bedliner over the red oxide primer. The bedliner has held up great!

Be sure and mark up and forward so its easier to re attach.

20170825_095102[1].jpg20170825_095049[1].jpg

/ LS XR 4145 HC first 50 hours
Looks good how did you mount it ? Did you drill the frame

/ LS XR 4145 HC first 50 hours #7  
time to get a piece of steel! I was playing in the woods with my XR4145H and had some brush banging around. I was cautious but still didn't like it. this is on the top of the to do list.. thanks for the dimensions. do you have a picture of the skid plate installed ? I also need to add the steel mesh in the brush guard.

thanks

/ LS XR 4145 HC first 50 hours #8  
Looks good how did you mount it ? Did you drill the frame

time to get a piece of steel! I was playing in the woods with my XR4145H and had some brush banging around. I was cautious but still didn't like it. this is on the top of the to do list.. thanks for the dimensions. do you have a picture of the skid plate installed ? I also need to add the steel mesh in the brush guard.

thanks

Yep, top of the loader sub frame. Here's a couple of pic's.
20160411_145913[1].jpg

20160411_145850[1].jpg

No idea why the pic's are upside down.

/ LS XR 4145 HC first 50 hours #9  
I just painted up my steel for my skit plate just like Cataclysm's ... do you think I will be ok if I mount it to the bottom of the loader frame for easier 1 person installation and removal or do you think the 2 inches of clearance that you loose can be an issue? I also welded on my expanded steel in the brush guard and painted whole brush guard and expanded steel black. I think it looks better black! while I was doing this stuff today I pumped in about 45 gallons of winter mix washer fluid into each rear tire that I purchased in bulk from a local company that makes it.. way less than beat juice. cost me 250.00 for 2 55 gallon drums along with hoses and stuff needed to do it. overall it was a good enjoyable day of playing in the garage with the tractor!tractor 3.jpgtractor 1.jpgtractor 2.jpg

/ LS XR 4145 HC first 50 hours #10  
Wow that brush guard does look better in black! Might have to do that when I put my mesh in. I love the tire size on the 4xxx series tractors compared to mine. Just couldn't justify something that size at the moment.