6168 CPS first 50 hours

/ 6168 CPS first 50 hours
3Lfarms does your tractor have a lever on the outside by the 3pt arms to raise and lower the arms from the outside ? If so could you post a picture of the linkage ? My XU6158C doesn't have the lever want to see if the lever will work with my linkage. Thank You

It does have the lever, but the tractor is in winter storage at the farm. I won’t pull it out until March or so.

3Lfarms does your tractor have a lever on the outside by the 3pt arms to raise and lower the arms from the outside ? If so could you post a picture of the linkage ? My XU6158C doesn't have the lever want to see if the lever will work with my linkage. Thank You

I got the tractor out today to move some large rocks for an upcoming landscaping project. I took some pictures of the rear three point control lever assembly. The backhoe is on, so it’s a little tight back there.

The whole handle assembly bolts to a small vertical tab welded onto the cab upright with the two gold colored bolts.
The last two pics show the rod with the three point handle in the full up and down positions. The rod moves the lever on the rock shaft housing forward and back about 1”.
IMG_1584.JPG
IMG_1585.JPG
IMG_1586.JPG
IMG_1587.JPG
IMG_1588.JPG

On a separate note, the tractor started with no problems after sitting in the barn for two months and went into regeneration mode at 98.9 hours on the clock while moving rocks. No problems to date with the tractor.

/ 6168 CPS first 50 hours #14  
3L Thank You for the pictures. Everything is there on the tractor to mount the external control lever. My has started up with no problems with the temperatures in the single digits. Thanks again.

/ 6168 CPS first 50 hours #15  
LS should cut you a check, you have done more to sell their machine than any of their media. Thank You for taking the time.

Funny you say that. I have thought about that, but now that I own one, it’s in my best interest for LS to succeed to be around to provide parts and service when I need it.
I even wrote LS a letter and praised them for a quality product, but critiqued their website for not listing available accessories and not providing much info other than a slick brochure. No pics or videos of the backhoe installed on a 6168. I had to purchase out of state (as recommended by the area rep) because the dealers nearest me had never sold a tractor larger than 55hp (no XU or P series machines). No one even had an XU on a lot. The dealer arranged for me to drive a customers 6168 CPS before I put a deposit down.

/ 6168 CPS first 50 hours #17  
I used to be a Traveling Fool, I was a Regional Sales Manager for a defunct company, product still survives. Google, Vac-All. We were not nearly as big as LS Mtron and had to be frugal. I started out the Demo Driver for the Vac/All and the truck would sell itself. These guys are still building a Dealer Network and it’s obvious the company stands behind their dealers and the dealers have voted the company best in customer service. Through out my life I have had a number of different jobs, I also worked in a manufacturing plant that made electronic bread boards for any customer that would need electronic parts built. LS Mtron makes the seriously complicated and heavy machines that but the tiny electronic components on a breadboard. Just looking at one of those machines in action makes me want to buy anything they manufacture. Also I was in the Army for most of the 1980’s and I was posted to Camp Humphreys, Korea for two years, I was one of the very few that owned and drove a car while I was there. The Korean people are very hard working people, I have seen them build cement houses as fast as the cement dries. We (the US)gave them the Germany/Japanese treatment and help them boost up their economy and now they build quality products. Although I have been around heavy equipment I have never owned a Tractor, so a test drive would not tell me anything. I depend on guys like you to rate the tractor, Thank You again for your time.

Had my first issue with the the tractor. Has 133 hours on it and was backfilling a 400’ irrigation trench. The red exclamation point light and the light that looks like a gas pump illuminated, would not rev past 1400 RPM, and gave an error code of F02 and 97.
Quick search in the owners manual showed that the gas pump light means the fuel filter needs service. The 97 code means water in fuel sensor.
I drained the filter and water separator then pressed the primer button a dozen times and went back to work with no problems.
I fuel the tractor from a transfer tank in my pickup with a goldenrod filter/water separator. I know I had to drain a little water out of the goldenrod last time I filled the tractor, but I guess it doesn’t remove all of the water.
So just a self inflicted wound. The tractor never faltered so I think the tractor water separators did their job.

/ 6168 CPS first 50 hours #19  
Had my first issue with the the tractor. Has 133 hours on it and was backfilling a 400’ irrigation trench. The red exclamation point light and the light that looks like a gas pump illuminated, would not rev past 1400 RPM, and gave an error code of F02 and 97.
Quick search in the owners manual showed that the gas pump light means the fuel filter needs service. The 97 code means water in fuel sensor.
I drained the filter and water separator then pressed the primer button a dozen times and went back to work with no problems.
I fuel the tractor from a transfer tank in my pickup with a goldenrod filter/water separator. I know I had to drain a little water out of the goldenrod last time I filled the tractor, but I guess it doesn’t remove all of the water.
So just a self inflicted wound. The tractor never faltered so I think the tractor water separators did their job.

I would use a water-block filter in your Goldenrod on your transfer tank. Will not pump fuel through when full of water.

/ 6168 CPS first 50 hours #20  
I would use a water-block filter in your Goldenrod on your transfer tank. Will not pump fuel through when full of water.

Hey Doofy Iam in your backyard. I can only imagine how much it cost you to get your LS. Beautiful day up here today. Mt McKinley Wilderness Lodge