Tree Pullers

/ Tree Pullers #1  

Doofy

Tractor
LS XR 3135HC
Has anyone used a "Tree Puller" on their LS Tractor? I'm trying to buy attachments that offer me the most bang for the buck.

Since the main purpose of buying the tractor is land clearing and stump removal the hydraulically actuated tree puller looks like a great investment. The video's I've watched make it look so simple. Tractor is a XR3135H.

/ Tree Pullers #2  
Link to what you have in mind?

/ Tree Pullers #6  
Tree pullers are sweet, but IMO a tractor lacks the muscle to use it. IMG_9390.JPG

/ Tree Pullers
Very good points. Guess I will see what the loader bucket will do first. Wouldn't make much sense to invest in a Tree puller if there is no lifting power. Our ground is so cold that I've never seen tree roots that go down over a foot and a half. Thanks!

/ Tree Pullers #8  
Your lift capability is going to be your main issue. Don't forget the weight of the implement when calculating how much you can lift. If your puller weighs 500lb you are already cutting your ability in half.

I have a 100hp JD 5100. I purchased the Danuser Intimidator, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. IMO, it is the best out there, but you pay a price. It would NOT be good for your size tractor, however.

I suspect that you would do fine with the puller you linked on YouTube. I wouldn't get the 'bucket attached' version. There is a lot of leverage and pushing it out 2-3 more feet will only hinder you. I think the puller would likely be a good investment. You might not get all the trees out you'd like, but avoiding cutting all those small 2-4" trees and just pulling them up might be worth it for you.

Also, whatever you choose, recognize you really should do your pulling with something heavy on the 3pt. This will significantly improve your ability as well as improve your safety and stability. I use a 2k lb box blade.

/ Tree Pullers
Thanks for the input. Would mainly be pulling willows and small spruce 1-4". Going to chain one up to the bucket and just see if it has the "Umph" to pull it.

/ Tree Pullers #10  
I made one for my B7800 and one for my L4240. The one for the 7800 I use in tight places to pull the small stuff and then come in with the 4240 when I can move around without putting a small tree up into something under the tractor. Just keep in mind go slow and easy, try and be on flat land or if on an hill " like I am" work straight down hill or straight up. Another thing I found out, when stacking the pile, put in front of a tree and push pile down as you go. Then come in with a set of forks push pile tight into tree. It packs the pile real tight and you don't loose anything when moving. With the larger trees I move fwd and back then it comes out. Again have a lot of weight on the back, then SLOW and EASY.