Well, I did it....bought a new XR4145!

/ Well, I did it....bought a new XR4145! #1  

Trophyduck

Tractor
LS XR4145 (45hp HST)
Anything I should look out for or be aware of.....do/don'ts? I'm new to it all...

/ Well, I did it....bought a new XR4145! #2  
Congrats on the new ride! I have the same tractor I bought in 2015. No issues with it to date. I think I'm at 160 hours or so now. Make sure you run it at 1800rpm or higher. The DPF in the exhaust gets clogged faster if you run it around with lower rpm. I was used to the old diesel tractors that you could lug around at 1200rpm all day. It should regen after around 40-50 hours, and as long as you are around 2000rpm, you probably won't notice, except for the funny smell. Others have described loose hardware on occasion. I haven't seen that on mine, but it's worth checking. Otherwise, keep it greased and do your 50 hours service when you get there. There are a couple good idea threads on here for changing the hydraulic filter so you don't lose much oil (like using a shop-vac at the fill port). Do you have the shuttle trans or a hydro? I have the shuttle, and the range selector is a little finicky. Probably the worst point about the tractor. It isn't bad once you get used to it, but it doesn't fall into gear like other tractors I've used. Read through the threads on here. There is plenty of good info!

/ Well, I did it....bought a new XR4145! #3  
I don't have the tractor yet, but I downloaded the user manual and read it twice. For an "off" brand, they have a good manual with great drawings identifying and explaining all the components. The maintenance schedule and procedures are well laid out also. Read the manual!

/ Well, I did it....bought a new XR4145! #4  
congratulations! you'll enjoy for sure! when you get it home, check all the fluid levels, wheel lugs and hose clamps.....no need to ask me how I know these things :laughing:

/ Well, I did it....bought a new XR4145! #5  
CONGRATS!!

As stated before, you want to check everything. All your fluids, torques, get the shop manual (different from user manual), pay attention to it. What are you going to be using it for?

I have the XR4145C new this year. If you havent done it already, check out my videos. I try to keep it updated when I do new things to the tractor, or find something wrong, or simply projects.

/ Well, I did it....bought a new XR4145! #6  
Make sure the Dealer gives you a thumb drive or a link to download the Service/ Repair Manual. Very important to have if you will be doing any of your own maintenance.

Some Dealers will hem and haw about it but they all have the access to digital manuals.

/ Well, I did it....bought a new XR4145! #7  
Major Congratulations!!! I bought my little MT125 exactly a year ago now and I was so excited about it. In fact when I still look at it in the shop today I'm extremely pleased with the purchase and you will be too. I'm still new at it a year later but LS makes an awesome machine and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Congratulations again and do enjoy your new toy........... :thumbsup: :cool2:

/ Well, I did it....bought a new XR4145! #8  
In my opinion, a dealer that cheerfully offers the files for the service manual is a good dealer. I concur with the posters that say check everything. Some bolts will be finger installed during assembly and the possibility that a human will miss going back and torquing them later(after lunch perhaps) is real. My backhoe frame was not tightened and had the wrong length bolts installed. The dealer came out and fixed it but check everything.

/ Well, I did it....bought a new XR4145! #9  
Major Congratulations!!! I bought my little MT125 exactly a year ago now and I was so excited about it. In fact when I still look at it in the shop today I'm extremely pleased with the purchase and you will be too. I'm still new at it a year later but LS makes an awesome machine and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Congratulations again and do enjoy your new toy........... :thumbsup: :cool2:

I'm the exact same with mine! I've owned multiple tractors through the years, and always got good work from them, but this was my first new one, first with an FEL and power steering....I love it more every time I get on it to do something!

/ Well, I did it....bought a new XR4145! #10  
I have a new XR4150 shutter. Agree with check the tractor over. Also make sure you grease every thing. As you mount and dismount things, make sure you put grease on all of the pins. I just purchased a new grease gun to leave in my truck. I already downloaded the service manual onto a thumb drive. I am going to build a little addition to my hay barn to put grease, extra oil, maybe extra oil filter, fuel, extra pins, etc. Hard to work if you don't have what you need. So far I am very HAPPY with mine.