Xj2025 backhoe dolly

/ Xj2025 backhoe dolly #1  

dwalk19

Gold Member
Tractor
2018 LS XG3140H TLB
I saw one thread on it but not really any pictures, anyone able to make a backhoe dolly for the xj2025, i tried buying some heavy duty snowmobile dollies, but didnt have much luck getting them to work, may have to revisit it, but might just be better off building something, kinda hoping for some pics for ideas, thanks

/ Xj2025 backhoe dolly #2  
If I could ever get the misses to quit using the backhoe, I'd be all over that!

/ Xj2025 backhoe dolly #3  
Storing the backhoe has been on my mind from day 1 of my purchase. I don't have much room in my garage (30x20) to store the backhoe and I don't want to leave it in the field. Also its not very small so you cant tuck it away in a corner somewhere... I will be building a new 40x60 workshop soon and a dolly might work then, but that might not be for a while. So i guess ill have to figure out a way to store this thing so the elements don't destroy it.

Last edited:
   / Xj2025 backhoe dolly #4  
now that you got me thinking about it again... Went out in the garage and took the backhoe off. I think if you take the 4 bolts on the sub-frame out you could fold it up and cart it way but it is still 7 feet long and 4 foot 5 inches wide...

IMG_20171125_175845.jpg
IMG_20171125_181602.jpg
IMG_20171125_184341.jpg

to make a dolly to fit this I think it would be a simple Tee design. In this configurations all you would need is some hefty 2" x 2" square tube. 1 piece about 7 feet long and the other 53" long. Seeing how the stabilizers are already that wide there is no reason to go smaller. Weld them into a Tee and mount 3 heavy duty casters to the ends. then you'll need to fabricate up some mounts to connect where the 4 bolts came out of the sub-frame so you can firmly mount the backhoe to to the dolly.

Dont think this is a quick attach method by no means... but it would get the job done. Instead of using the 4 bolts you could replace them with 4 pins of the same diameter to make it faster.

/ Xj2025 backhoe dolly
Yeah it wouldn't be to bad to store except for the long subframe arms, folding it up definetly looks like it helps, and yeah I agree a couple quick release pins wouldn't hurt, but your right probably would want to strap down some how

/ Xj2025 backhoe dolly #6  
To install My BH92 you do not have to take the lower lift arms off the 3 point hitch but it is recommended. *I heard damage could be cause if you leave them on. *Trying to assess is it worth take the lift arms off so trying to find out what kind of damage can be done and what action causes the damage ..etc.. mistakenly lifting the arms when the bh is on. *Some arms got bent some how... was it that they got hooked on stumps? *Hope you can shed some light.*

/ Xj2025 backhoe dolly #7  
I seen something in the Kioti threads. The backhoes are very similar to the CK20S and CK2510.

/ Xj2025 backhoe dolly #8  
Like others on this forum have done, you could re-purpose a engine stand... HF has the 1000lbs version on sale for $47 with coupon. 1 lb. Capacity Engine Stand

looks like it would work... dont know the tube wall thickness, but it would be hard to find metal casters and that much steel for the same price.

/ Xj2025 backhoe dolly #9  
to make a dolly to fit this I think it would be a simple Tee design. In this configurations all you would need is some hefty 2" x 2" square tube. 1 piece about 7 feet long and the other 53" long. Seeing how the stabilizers are already that wide there is no reason to go smaller. Weld them into a Tee and mount 3 heavy duty casters to the ends. then you'll need to fabricate up some mounts to connect where the 4 bolts came out of the sub-frame so you can firmly mount the backhoe to to the dolly.

Dont think this is a quick attach method by no means... but it would get the job done. Instead of using the 4 bolts you could replace them with 4 pins of the same diameter to make it faster.

Yep, that's how I'd do it. Rigid casters at the frame end. Swivel caster at the bucket end. Bolt/pin the frame end before setting the weight down. A saddle bracket for the bucket to sit in.

Buy high quality casters so it can be relatively easily moved.

Wouldn't take more than a couple minutes to attach the cart once the hoe is free from the tractor. Last thing would be raising the stabilizers, then uncouple the hydraulics. :thumbsup:

/ Xj2025 backhoe dolly #10  
stopped by HF on the way home from work and picked up the 1000lbs engine stand. Should have time this weekend to play with it.