Cab owners - several questions

/ Cab owners - several questions #1  

cford36

Gold Member
Tractor
LS3135HC
I know some of this has been posted somewhere but I haven't been able to find it.

- What is the size of the switches on the side post?

- Anyone that has mounted a light bar under the front (or back) eave. Plastic seems flimsy to just drill and mount to. Use a strip of metal on backside to support?

- Does anyone have the wiring diagram of the switches and blanks on the side post?

Thanks

/ Cab owners - several questions #2  
The switches are Carling L series.

I would recommend making a bracket to go from each factory light bracket and not Mount anything to the plastic.

What are you looking for with the switches? There doesn't seem to be any extra wiring for the blanks.

Jay

/ Cab owners - several questions #4  
I used the same lights in the link above, both front and rear. I didn't need to modify any brackets. I also bought the wire connectors that were a direct plug in to the OEM light sockets. HUGE difference in light output.

/ Cab owners - several questions
I used the same lights in the link above, both front and rear. I didn't need to modify any brackets. I also bought the wire connectors that were a direct plug in to the OEM light sockets. HUGE difference in light output.

You have a link or type of connectors they are?

/ Cab owners - several questions #6  
   / Cab owners - several questions

Just want to double check: you said you bought a 862 but the link you put is for an 881, not sure the difference?

/ Cab owners - several questions #8  
I installed a piece of square tubing between the existing work light brackets for LED strip lights. I left the factory work lights in place and wired the on/off control for new strip lights to the existing work light switches using a relay. For powering the new lights, I tapped into the fuse block on the left inside column of the cab. I used LED light strips from Amazon. They seem to be holding up okay and put out plenty of light. 2017-05-21 17.02.33.jpg2017-05-21 17.02.43.jpg2017-05-21 20.52.08.jpg

/ Cab owners - several questions #9  
Last edited:
   / Cab owners - several questions #10