stupid question - bucket removal

/ stupid question - bucket removal #11  
When I see videos of implements being hooked up with no trouble at all, I wonder how many takes were needed to get that smooth attachment.

/ stupid question - bucket removal #12  
You might try putting a hunk of pipe over the handles to give yourself more leverage, rather than pounding on them.

/ stupid question - bucket removal #13  
Do you have any other items to attach to your FEL SSQA. Grapple? Stump bucket? That could give you an indication of where your problem lies.

If not, next time you attach your bucket, take a bit of time to assure that it’s centered from side to side, before locking your arms down.

Raise your bucket up high enough so you can see where the lock pins insert thru slots in bucket. Is there sufficient clearance, around the lock pins?

You should not need to beat on arms or use cheater pipes. You do need to determine what the problem is.

Is this a new tractor?

/ stupid question - bucket removal #14  
My forks came unlatched on one side and bent the SSQA plate on the tractor. Now I have to lift up on something to get it to latch back.

/ stupid question - bucket removal #15  
The quick attach on my g3033 got noticeably easier the more I used it.
Just make sure the pins are lined up with the bottom slot, and a little lube helps too.

/ stupid question - bucket removal #16  
Take the bucket off and put it where you can look closely at the mounting side. Check for a stick or rock stuck somewhere that might change the geometry just enough. If everything is clean, measure the distance between the SSQA pins and then measure the holes in the bucket they go into. If the measurement is correct, check for plumb; that is, it's square in relation to the SSQA geometry. It could be off just enough that one of the holes binds, and just needs hogged out a bit with a die grinder.

/ stupid question - bucket removal #17  
Set the bucket about waist level and curl it up just enough so that the face of the bucket that contacts the loader is tilted back towards the tractor like " / " That'll take any weight off the pins at the bottom.

Beyond that, hit the gym?

Don't ever take the bucket on or off at waist level. I was putting mine on at waist level and it came off the mounts. OUCH !!!! five broken toes and a lot of tissue damage.

2017-11-04 22.03.16.jpg2017-11-07 11.31.33.jpg

/ stupid question - bucket removal #18  
Sorry to learn of your injury davisgary2. What were you trying to support bucket with?

I store my bucket, Grapple, tree / post puller, stump bucket, etc. on stacked pallets to make it easier to line up FEL SSQA with the equipment. The locking arms close easily, with one hand, on every item. I line up, lift up, curl back, and lock. To unhook just reverse the steps.

/ stupid question - bucket removal #19  
Ouch! Great safety reminder! Certainly hope you healed well. That looked soooo painful!

/ stupid question - bucket removal
Doofy - not sure I want to go making any changes just yet, even if it is a slight shave or so.

Looking4new - yeah, a pipe would probably be smarter than banging. thanks

rlgustafson - tractor is new. About 20 hours on it and I've pretty much had this problem all along. Nothing else in on the bucket and the pallet forks I have I can get on and off with no trouble. Because of storage i usually have to store the tractor with the bucket on the forks so every time I'm done with it, i have to take the bucket off and put the forks back on.

Davis- thanks for the safety reminder and real sorry you had to go through that!

I'm pretty sure everything is lined up properly but I'll take a closer look next time and also look for ware. It goes on with no trouble. I found a picture on my phone from the last time I tried taking it off. That is the height and the angle I was trying.

Attachments

• 20171202_161947.jpg
    20171202_161947.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 170