stupid question - bucket removal

/ stupid question - bucket removal #1  

chsdiyer

Silver Member
Tractor
XG3025H
Hello, I have an XG3025H and for the life of me, getting the bucket off is a huge pain. I've only been able to position it one time where I could pull up the levers by hand. Otherwise I have to hit them with something heave to get them to unlatch. I'm assuming that's not the best way to do this, but what am I missing here? I've tried ever angling of the bucket both on the ground and in the air. I have no trouble getting the pallet forks detached. I didn't see any guide in the user manual so I'm guessing this is something only I could make difficult.

/ stupid question - bucket removal #2  
Make sure the moving parts of the latch joints are greased as well as the latch pin that engages the bucket. Also, I have found it is best to line up the quick connect to get under the top points first, lift the bucket slightly off the ground, and then curl the top of the bucket back towards you. This causes the bottom of the bucket to fully seat in the right spot, and the you can operate the latches with ease. Removal is just the reverse. Hope that helps.

/ stupid question - bucket removal
Thanks! I'll give that a try tomorrow. I have no issues getting it on. I think lately most of my tries have been with the bucket on the ground thinking that would take pressure off the pins, but now I realize that make no sense. :duh: I need to re-grease tomorrow as well. The dealer just told me about 50 hour maintenance. Someone else informed me I should be greasing the pins every use (manual says every 10 hours). The quick attach lever's grease mostly flew off the first time i tried getting it off. My approach then was to lift the handle quickly and let the spring action drive the force to work the pin out. :ashamed:Thanks again.

/ stupid question - bucket removal #4  
It's definitely a learning curve, but gets easier with practice. In the beginning I struggled as well, but now can do it lickity-split. As for greasing....you can never grease too much, but not necessary after each use. Just keep all moving and rubbing pieces well lubricated. Have fun with your bucket....I use mine all of the time for many, many different uses. It really is indispensable on my farm.

/ stupid question - bucket removal #5  
One thing I can tell you for sure. It's never as easy as in the brochure!

/ stupid question - bucket removal #6  
Some QA attachments have ' more precise ' or slightly off tolerance slots in the bottom that your tractors lock pins slide into to lock the attachment in place. If you notice, there is usually a little side to side slop in the area that you position the QA tractor face into. Some attachments are more tolerant of you being a little off centered into this area because the pin slots are maybe a little wider in that attachment. So if you are not centered enough in that particular attachment, when you try to move the lever to lock it in place, the slot is not lined up well enough to make it a normal easy experience.... I have a set of HD forks that are real particular how well I am lined up, whilst my bucket is less caring on how well I am as a driver/operator that particular day....

/ stupid question - bucket removal #7  
Set the bucket about waist level and curl it up just enough so that the face of the bucket that contacts the loader is tilted back towards the tractor like " / " That'll take any weight off the pins at the bottom.

Beyond that, hit the gym?

/ stupid question - bucket removal
Thanks for the feedback. Sorry for the slow response! I tried having lifted a little off the ground and tilted back toward the tractor. It took some pulling effort but I got it off without hitting it with something so I thought i was getting there. However last weekend I was out and working the bucket pretty hard and tried the same approach to get it off and no luck. Had to hit the handles with the back end of the ax. I guess I'll never have to worry about the bucket coming off while using it :/ I'll try to take some pictures next time to show how I have it set when I'm trying to remove it.

/ stupid question - bucket removal #9  
See if you can find a youtube video. Help me.

/ stupid question - bucket removal #10  
Can you chamfer the latch pin hole?