Perils of retirement

/ Perils of retirement #1  

Doofy

Tractor
LS XR 3135HC
Far to much time at home and everything you do seems to irritate THE WIFE! Oh My God, there are toast crumbs in the butter! Is this actually a sin that I am blissfully unaware of? Could I be banished to the barn? Sheesh...

/ Perils of retirement #2  
As long as I have some heat in my garage I don't mind being banished. That means less work to do in the house. Just don't look too happy about it in front of her.

/ Perils of retirement
As long as I have some heat in my garage I don't mind being banished. That means less work to do in the house. Just don't look too happy about it in front of her.

Hahahaha. It is kinda hard to wipe that stupid grin off my face!

/ Perils of retirement #4  
I'm taking this thread as humor..... :)

I never considered my career as my life. My career was how I paid for my life. There was not one single negative to retirement. :)

/ Perils of retirement #5  
Far to much time at home and everything you do seems to irritate THE WIFE! Oh My God, there are toast crumbs in the butter! Is this actually a sin that I am blissfully unaware of? Could I be banished to the barn? Sheesh...
Yes, yes it is... And there are many more sins just like it, like a dirty plate left in the sink and not put in the dishwasher.

I know the answer to that one and I'm not retired yet.

/ Perils of retirement #6  
I'm taking this thread as humor..... :)

I never considered my career as my life. My career was how I paid for my life. There was not one single negative to retirement. :)

AGREED!
I very much enjoyed my career, but federal regulations required retirement at age 60.
I was fully aware of that requirement when I was hired.
I retired 17 years ago .... at age 60,....... and am enjoying every minute!
That federal age 60 mandatory retirement, has since changed to 65, for those who are currently working.

/ Perils of retirement #7  
With my wife still working and me being retired, I'm the chief cook and bottle washer. I'm not yet wearing an apron, but I'm close....😎

/ Perils of retirement
Yep, you are the BOSS! Can't tell you how the dishes should be done. wink wink

/ Perils of retirement #9  
AGREED!
I very much enjoyed my career, but federal regulations required retirement at age 60.
I was fully aware of that requirement when I was hired.
I retired 17 years ago .... at age 60,....... and am enjoying every minute!
That federal age 60 mandatory retirement, has since changed to 65, for those who are currently working.

Me too. I cried fake crocodile tears when they said I had to go. Now, I don't have time for a job. I'm 6 years in.

/ Perils of retirement #10  
Me too. I cried fake crocodile tears when they said I had to go. Now, I don't have time for a job. I'm 6 years in.

Don't you dare throw me in that retirement brier patch....:)

I am kinda "semi retired". Still selling some health insurance, but more retired than not.