XG3025 Recall

/ XG3025 Recall #141  
Hi guys. Yes, mystery indeed. The top link mounting point on backhoes (or lack of) is not based on size. The last rounds of backhoes we've received in both 1100 series and 3100 series do not have the top link mount on the backhoe. There's been no dealer communication that I'm aware of as to why this was changed.
Thanks for the input Prodaddy TX, if all goes as planned I will have time to visit my dealer tomorrow and see if he can shed any light on this mystery. I will report back either way.

/ XG3025 Recall #142  
I took another look under the operator's deck of our BH.
I think removing that deck would give a welder access to putting in the part(s) needed.

It could be one piece U shaped or two 3/8 flat bar. Either way, there is a wonderful mounting plate under that deck plate.

Just keep in mind, someone somewhere (in LS) seems to think that there's little or no need for the upper link connection.

Much thanks to ProdaddyTX......... also you have some very good deals on your web site.

/ XG3025 Recall #143  
My tractor was just delivered a couple hours ago and I cannot stop smiling. Anyway, the first things I looked at were the changes to the frame up front for the engine hitting the frame problem. And, the BH with or without the top link connected. Well mine has no spot or bracket to mount the top link to the BH. I do know my tractor was delivered to my dealership last Tuesday fresh of the assembly line.

/ XG3025 Recall #144  
My tractor was just delivered a couple hours ago and I cannot stop smiling. Anyway, the first things I looked at were the changes to the frame up front for the engine hitting the frame problem. And, the BH with or without the top link connected. Well mine has no spot or bracket to mount the top link to the BH. I do know my tractor was delivered to my dealership last Tuesday fresh of the assembly line.

Congratulations on your new tractor, I'm sure you'll really like it and get lots of use out of it, top link or no top link. It would be nice if LS would share their reasoning for the deletion of the top link attaching point, but I'm not holding my breath.

/ XG3025 Recall #146  
Congratulations on your new tractor, I'm sure you'll really like it and get lots of use out of it, top link or no top link. It would be nice if LS would share their reasoning for the deletion of the top link attaching point, but I'm not holding my breath.

I just returned from a visit with my dealer and here is what he said about the top link attachment. He has been advised by the LS technician that he routinely deals with to NOT use the top link and to advise customers not to use it. When he asked for a reason or explanation he was told that the top link attachment point on the backhoe is not meant for the North American market but is used in other markets. No specific reason was given but apparently recently manufactured backhoes for the North American market do not come with the attachment point, mine did not. It would be really nice if LS in Battleboro, NC would take a few minutes and clear up this issue. I've sent them two other questions through their website and have never received a reply. I also sent a question to LS in Korea and did receive a reply that simply said go ask your dealer! Apparently customer service and dealer education is not high on LS's priority list. I'm fortunate to have a dealer that has many years of experience with LS equipment and is tops in customer service. Big Blue Florida and 3L Farms, possibly your backhoes being earlier models of larger machines might benefit from the top link being installed but I guess only LS knows the answer to that question.
On another note, while I was at the dealer I picked up a filter (part # 40007638) for the hydraulic system that the book says should be changed at 50 hours. Let me tell you it was not inexpensive, $40.00 plus tax. I'm pretty sure that when my warranty expires I'll be shopping for a WIX or NAPA filter.

/ XG3025 Recall #147  
In the Texarkana area, the WIX and NAPA filters are around $60. The dealer has the best price on hydraulic filters.

/ XG3025 Recall #148  
In the Texarkana area, the WIX and NAPA filters are around $60. The dealer has the best price on hydraulic filters.

Wow that's surprising but I must admit the filter is pretty big and appears to be of quality construction so maybe the price is justified. Thanks Chiefcook.

/ XG3025 Recall #149  
Ok do I see a massive group buy of filters here??? Just kidding.

fgsiii, you may have scored on buying your tractor from such a good dealer. Here's a dealership that has history w/ the LS & people who work on them.

So how many hrs so far......

We have just under 8 hr on our new motor. It got rid of a stump & yard debris & cleaned out a drainage ditch.......life is good again.

/ XG3025 Recall #150  
Ok do I see a massive group buy of filters here??? Just kidding.

fgsiii, you may have scored on buying your tractor from such a good dealer. Here's a dealership that has history w/ the LS & people who work on them.

So how many hrs so far......

We have just under 8 hr on our new motor. It got rid of a stump & yard debris & cleaned out a drainage ditch.......life is good again.

100_1134.JPG100_1135.JPG100_1136.JPG

I just hit 14.8 hours on mine. Today was the first time I got to use the backhoe and as you can see in the attachment it works pretty good. You are correct "life is good".