XG3025 Recall

/ XG3025 Recall #1  

opie1988

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS XG 3025
JUst got a call from the LS Dealer I purchased my tractor from, They are trying to set up a pickup for a recall that must be done ASAP. I am 4 hours away from this dealer and they are trying to have the work done an hour away. Does anyone have a clear understanding of the recall? what is involved? thanks in advance.

/ XG3025 Recall #2  
Im pretty sure there was a thread here recently, talking about the recall. something to do with shimming the motor?

/ XG3025 Recall #3  
My dealer picked up mine yesterday.

It involves installing some shims between the engine and frame and the will also install some kind of reinforcement plate.

Apparently the engine to frame alignment is off by a couple thousandths of an inch which can cause an oil leak at the crank seal.

Due to the install of the shims they install a reinforcement place because the FEL brackets are moved out a bit.

P.S.

I miss my tractor already... :(

/ XG3025 Recall #4  
So do they have to change all the fluids? Do you think this will make less vibration?

/ XG3025 Recall #5  
So do they have to change all the fluids? Do you think this will make less vibration?

doubt there would be any kind of fluid change. and the vibration is because its a 3 cylinder diesel engine... that wont go away, ever.

/ XG3025 Recall #6  
Maybe the oil if anything, my pan was leaking so I may get a change.

I was gonna do it anyway even tho it's not due " by the book ".

I have a Geo Metro 3 cyl gas, it vibrates more than the tractor does.

/ XG3025 Recall #7  
Got the tractor back, I can see the shim they put in on the right side between the loader and frame.

Odd thing is I noticed my steering is allot stiffer.

It's been raining for days so I haven't had a chance to really check out what else they did.

Also the guy who picked up my tractor hooked his winch cable to the front bumper and bent the **** out of it.

I called the dealer and he ordered me a new one.
2017-12-20 11.47.06 HDR.jpg

/ XG3025 Recall #8  
Interesting. What would they have done to increase steering effort? Steering links don't look like the winch cable found them too I hope. Can you post a pic on the shim?

/ XG3025 Recall #9  
We received, about three wks back a call. There was some guy going to come pick our tractor for a recall work.
The caller could not answer any question about the ''recall'' except that Korea was sending over a crew to do the recall work.........hmmmm

There are so many scams out there, I instantly thought this was just another low life SOB coming up w/ a new twist on ''sharing private property''.

Okay now, that was about all we got as far as info.....no way some guy is going to drive away w/ our XG3025H & the goodies on it.
We called our dealer & they are out business now, GREAT. We managed to converse w/ the service manager, who was still there winding things down.

He confirmed the recall for our tractor etc. We were given a name & phone # of the SE LS manager.
We were then told, by the SE LS Manager, that a crew from Mitsubishi would come to our place & do the recall work on our tractor.

It should be noted, we have zero complaints regarding our XG3025H.
At this time our XG3025H has just a hint over 200 hrs. Our recent storms have been hard on many around us & here too.
Mostly trees down & road/driveways blocked. Flooding has left some serious damage & standing trees only need a little wind to start their short but expensive trip to the ground or a home.

Has anyone else been told that a factory crew was coming to their home to do warranty work on their LS ?

We do not currently see any leaks of any kind from this tractor. The oil remains at the same level before every start up.
OH & the steering is perfect.

If it really is a matter of a few shims, then most of us can do that ourselves.
I'm thinking there may require a longer bolt, at least a grade 8 .

/ XG3025 Recall #10  
I was told by the area rep that some LS engineers were going to do the work, or my dealers mech's could.

I guess in your case that's the best option for them.

I would get it done and let them do it, if you don't get it fixed, or have it done by someone else and you have an issue down the road with leaking or something cracking you most likely be S.O.L.

On the up side if they come to you to do the work you can hover over them and make sure your 100% happy with the job.