Snow Question for all you Snow Blowers out there...and Plowers

/ Question for all you Snow Blowers out there...and Plowers #21  
Cut up a rubber stall mat

/ Question for all you Snow Blowers out there...and Plowers
Fluid film

I just read up on Fluid Film and it actually states for use on snow blowers and snow plows to protect from corrosion and make all the surfaces slick where the snow won't stick. Thanks for the tip.

I've used almost everything - silicon spray, Fluid Film, WD-40. They all work. Hard to say which is best because the snow conditions are always different. The one thing that completely prevents plugging - impeller kits (rubber flaps to close the gap between the blades and housing). I added those to both my walk behind blower and my 3 point blower and they have never plugged since.

Thanks for the impeller kit info. Never thought about that gap between the impeller and housing causing such grief.

/ Question for all you Snow Blowers out there...and Plowers #24  
Polypropylene Glycol is a Type 1 fluid which means it is a de-ice fluid. We use it on our jets in Anchorage. There is a Type 4 fluid which is an anti- ice fluid. We cannot use it on our prop aircraft because at 200 mph they are too slow to shed the fluid but the jets are able to at much faster speeds. I wonder if this Type 4 stuff will help. I知 at my off grid cabin for the week and having just shoveled a path to the outhouse and root cellar, I知 thinking about getting the LS snow blower. It requires the center PTO, right?

Polypropylene Glycol is a Type 1 fluid which means it is a de-ice fluid. We use it on our jets in Anchorage. There is a Type 4 fluid which is an anti- ice fluid. We cannot use it on our prop aircraft because at 200 mph they are too slow to shed the fluid but the jets are able to at much faster speeds. I wonder if this Type 4 stuff will help. I知 at my off grid cabin for the week and having just shoveled a path to the outhouse and root cellar, I知 thinking about getting the LS snow blower. It requires the center PTO, right?

The propylene glycol may leave a slippery film on the inside of the snowblower and that really helps with plugging, discharge speed and distance thrown. I also am interested in a front mount snow blower.

/ Question for all you Snow Blowers out there...and Plowers #26  
Glenallen huh? Beautiful country. What tractor do you have?

Glenallen huh? Beautiful country. What tractor do you have?

I bought the XR3135HC. The perfect size for puttering around the ol' homestead. Great Fun but also a very capable workhorse.

I bought the XR3135HC. The perfect size for puttering around the ol' homestead. Great Fun but also a very capable workhorse.

Are you buying your Tractor from Dave's Tractor in Wasilla?

/ Question for all you Snow Blowers out there...and Plowers #29  
Mine kept, clogging up with snow as well... I have since lined my chute with plastic, and riveted it half way down the drum, and all the way up to the tip of the snowblower chute.

I also got some old drive-belting that we used to run a saw mill off of. I cut it in strips (about 2 inches x 5inches, and bolted it on to the Fan of the blower. It made a significant difference. Total time start to finish was about 3-4 hours.

Mine kept, clogging up with snow as well... I have since lined my chute with plastic, and riveted it half way down the drum, and all the way up to the tip of the snowblower chute.

I also got some old drive-belting that we used to run a saw mill off of. I cut it in strips (about 2 inches x 5inches, and bolted it on to the Fan of the blower. It made a significant difference. Total time start to finish was about 3-4 hours.

Father-in-Law bought a new Troy-Bilt walk behind snow blower yesterday and the chute is made of polypropylene for that exact reason. Hope it will hold up to the occasional rock during cold weather. Lo and behold...also has handwarmers! What took them so long to add handwarmers? Good call on the belting to close the gap on the impeller. Think I will do the same and save the $40-$50 for a eBay kit.