Tires R3039 Rear Tire Fill?

/ R3039 Rear Tire Fill? #1  

Olympus

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS R3039
Wondering if I should fill my rear tires on my R3039? I pretty much had to on my J2023 to get any kind of work done. But with my 3039, I’ve been ok without filling them until I’ve just started using my 3pt cultivator to break ground for my food plots. I’ve got plenty of power, but I lose traction when I start dropping the cultivator down.

/ R3039 Rear Tire Fill? #2  
This is an interesting twist on the question of rear ballast! The common question always seems to be counter balance for the front end loader.

I would say that loading the rear tires would help in your case. Dropping the cultivator unloads the tractor (rear axle), so any additional weight you can get on the ground via loaded tires will be beneficial.

/ R3039 Rear Tire Fill? #3  
Your mule has R4 tires, right? Filling them should help a lot.

/ R3039 Rear Tire Fill? #5  
Tillage needs filled tires normally. It helps with traction a lot. It helps the tires to flex giving better ground contact I think.

Question using cultivators to break your dirt, not normal duty for most cultivators, at least ones made to cultivate with. There are some I will call them cultivators with spring loaded shanks that will probably work but some cultivators will easy be damaged plowing non broken ground.

/ R3039 Rear Tire Fill?
Tillage needs filled tires normally. It helps with traction a lot. It helps the tires to flex giving better ground contact I think.

Question using cultivators to break your dirt, not normal duty for most cultivators, at least ones made to cultivate with. There are some I will call them cultivators with spring loaded shanks that will probably work but some cultivators will easy be damaged plowing non broken ground.

This one is an old Dearborn and I think it will handle more than my tractor could give it. It’s got chisel points on the front row and sweep points on the back.

/ R3039 Rear Tire Fill? #7  
I would fill them if I were in your shoes. Water should work fine for you.