4046/boomer 47 regen

/ 4046/boomer 47 regen #1  

Craigercj

Tractor
New holland boomer 47
Posting in LS as boomer talk in NH forum seems limited. I am having regen issues, with flashing indicators not covered in the OMM manual. The dpf temperature light will come on and off as it tries to enter regen mode. The DPF regen light stays on, and intermittently when the templight goes out the engine warning light flashes. The regen light is always on, and never flashes, and no limp mode. I have ran it this way for a couple hours but I decided to shut it down for now. See video: Boomer 47 regen - YouTube

/ 4046/boomer 47 regen #2  
Welcome to TBN and the forum. Best advice - contact your local New Holland dealer. They have the equipment and knowledge to analyze and correct the situation.

/ 4046/boomer 47 regen #3  
What RPMs is it running in the video? The steering wheel is blocking the view ;)
The two orange lights should come on steady while it’s regenerating. One is the regen light, the other is a warning that the exhaust is hot due to regeneration. I’m not sure why the hot exhaust light is flashing or why the CEL is flashing.
I suspect the RPMs aren’t high enough to produce enough heat.
When it tries to regen, just go to full throttle and leave it there. If you can put a sustained load on the engine at PTO RPM, even better.
Find a long stretch of road where you can put it in high gear and run it at top speed to load the engine.

/ 4046/boomer 47 regen
I believe it was at 540 PTO speed. I was running a 400 cyclo 4 row planter with pto driven fan at the time, mid gear.

Anyways as an update for posterity, it was a loose glow plug on the DPF burner, causing an intermittent electrical ground. I suspected it was a problem with the burner, and the light was flashing because it wasn't kicking on. My guess is I was working it hard enough that the soot load wasn't accumulating fast enough to warrant limp mode yet.

glowplug.PNG

/ 4046/boomer 47 regen #5  
Thank you for posting your problem about your tractor. I too had the same problem and found this forum it helped me to resolve my problem. I was able to take the hood off to get to the glow plug and tighten the plug. It fixed the problem and when I started it up it went through a full regen with no issues.