how to mount a tactical shotgun

/ how to mount a tactical shotgun #1  

hturner12

Gold Member
Tractor
LS Xg 3025
killed a copperhead today. running over him was time consuming. that the first one I seen in two years that we have had the land. Neighbor killed one last week. Told wife it time to get a shotgun (no arguement) Looking at the 18 inch tactical with pistol grip. Has anyone mounted one on the their tractor.

/ how to mount a tactical shotgun #2  
Instead of a regular shotgun with 18 inch barrel, look at a mossberg shockwave. 14 inch barrel from the factory. I got one in 20gauge and it is easy to shoot one handed from seat of the tractor. It is not actually shotgun by legal definition but classified as "firearm other", so it is not restricted to a 18inch barrel

/ how to mount a tactical shotgun #5  
Get snake shot for handgun. Probably a bit easier to store, handle and engage from a tractor seat!

/ how to mount a tactical shotgun #6  
I kept seeing snakes take off from the edges of my pond when I was mowing. Shooting off the left side of my tractor would not be a problem but shooting to the right side from a sitting position would have been. I thought about loading up some shot shell for either my 357 or 44 but I ran across the Shockwave in 20gauge. So I justified it to myself why needed a new gun. lol But I don't think it is legal all states due to some states being more restricted than the federal laws.

/ how to mount a tactical shotgun #7  
I’ve got a shockwave, and it seems a bit unpractical for tractor carry. A judge or governor which is a .410 pistol seems a lot more practical.

/ how to mount a tactical shotgun #8  
Why "tactical" ? A snake will not be shooting back!

A nice pump gun slides into a standard scabbard, which can be fixed to a ROPS with tie wraps.

Don't get overly obsessed with your "snake protection". Think of the poor Indonesian woman recently swallowed alive by a python!
Indonesia python: 23-foot snake swallows woman - The Washington Post

/ how to mount a tactical shotgun #9  
Instead of a regular shotgun with 18 inch barrel, look at a mossberg shockwave. 14 inch barrel from the factory. I got one in 20gauge and it is easy to shoot one handed from seat of the tractor. It is not actually shotgun by legal definition but classified as "firearm other", so it is not restricted to a 18inch barrel

My buddy has one in 12ga and I shot it with one hand just to say I had done it. Once was enough. That safety slide on the top does not give a single **** about the webbing between your thumb and hand.

But the gun came in a "prepper" case, a PVC tube with watertight end caps. They market it as being able to be buried indefinitely and dug up later. The gun us ceracoted, so should be hard to rust too. The tube could be easily mounted anywhere on the tractor. Seems like a winning proposition if you stay away from the 12ga.

/ how to mount a tactical shotgun #10  
try shooting to the right side of the tractor sitting with something that requires your left hand to be in front of your right hand, such as a long gun. It will limit the area you can aim at. Something you can shoot one handed would work a lot better