LS vs. Mahindra

/ LS vs. Mahindra #61  
What about the whole Farmtrac and LS thing? Wasent LS the manufacturer for Farmtrac tractors and did not want to stand behind sold units or thier dealers? Forgive me if im wrong this is what i was thinking happened, i have only read a little on the farm trac thread after they closed up shop.

Just curious,GM went belly up not to long ago and the tax payers bailed them out. Over the years GM built cars for others and others built cars for GM.Two I can think of were the Geo Prism and the Pontiac Vibe. They were built by Toyota(Toyota still makes the Matrix which is the same as the Vibe)
If GM would not have been bailed out and ceased to exist as we know them,would Toyota have been obligated to back the Vibe or the Prism?

/ LS vs. Mahindra #62  
Just curious,GM went belly up not to long ago and the tax payers bailed them out. Over the years GM built cars for others and others built cars for GM.Two I can think of were the Geo Prism and the Pontiac Vibe. They were built by Toyota(Toyota still makes the Matrix which is the same as the Vibe)
If GM would not have been bailed out and ceased to exist as we know them,would Toyota have been obligated to back the Vibe or the Prism?
You have to remember - some people just come on here to poke others. Even though they dont have all the info correct in the first place. I wouldnt expect an answer that he didnt have all the facts.

/ LS vs. Mahindra #63  
I would say the same thing, that if JD went out of business when Yanmar was making their CUT, does anyone here think Yanmar should jump in and assume any liability for their tractors. I dont think so and neither would any other contract seller. They dont put their names on them even though they may build them. This is no different than buying a Walmart brand of bacon or whatever, if it is bad, you go back to the seller. If the seller is no longer in existence then you are SOL and will have very little recourse other than to file a lawsuit to get in on the distribution of funds when any assets are sold off. You may get .01 on the dollar if the belly up company had any assets. Many of these branding companies had very little to no assets and what they had was financed to the gills so there you have it. Buying from an independent brand applier(Montana,Farmtrac etc) is kind of like buying from a street vendor, dont expect to come back tomorrow and find him if you have a problem with that "Rolex" that you bought for $19.95