i3030H, Bobcat CT225, or Kioti CK27HST?

/ i3030H, Bobcat CT225, or Kioti CK27HST? #1  

Not Retired Yet

Silver Member
Tractor
2011 Kioti ck27hst
Hi everyone - I've been reading the LS posts and trying to compare the LS i3030H with the CT225 and CK27HST. I have inherited about 13 acres that is mostly a single hill. Before anything else can be done, I have to clear a lot of brush and downed limbs - the property has 20+ years of untended growth on it.

I hope to get a tractor, FEL, grapple, and box blade with hydraulic Top and Tilt at some point. Can anybody tell me how the i3030H compares with the other two? The specs look good and the dimensions seem a little smaller but does anyone have any opinions on capabilities and pricing among the 3? Thanks.

/ i3030H, Bobcat CT225, or Kioti CK27HST? #2  
The LS dealer just West of Little Rock (dang cant remember the name) handles the LS and had just about all the smaller models in stock last Oct when I bought my LS 7010C. Timebak can likely fill you in on the smaller models. I think he looked at those same models before deciding on the 4020

/ i3030H, Bobcat CT225, or Kioti CK27HST? #3  
I did look at bobcat at one time while shopping for mine.
Again - As usual for me, I asked myself what more I could buy for the same money. i.e. More Tractor (higher model LS), More Implements, etc.
It was a no brainer.
You will find the LS is as tough and strong as any other model out there. Mine is surprising me every time I use it.

/ i3030H, Bobcat CT225, or Kioti CK27HST?
Are LS tractors easy from a maintenance point? Honestly I have zero tractor experience and I'll admit I'm definitely "mechanically challenged".

/ i3030H, Bobcat CT225, or Kioti CK27HST? #5  
Are LS tractors easy from a maintenance point? Honestly I have zero tractor experience and I'll admit I'm definitely "mechanically challenged".

Don't know for sure, but I'd guess routine maintenance is pretty much the same on all brands. Checking and changing fluids is about the same as a car, except for some of the amounts involved. The tranny fluid is the hydraulic fluid on my S3010 and I it takes 9 gals. to change it out. I'd bet it's a good bit more for a HST machine. You'll also need a grease gun as there's lots for grease fittings on any tractor. It's also true that your dealer will be more than happy to do any maintenance you feel is beyond you abilities. :)

/ i3030H, Bobcat CT225, or Kioti CK27HST? #6  
Last time I looked at my LS, I only found about 3 grease fitting on the tractor and they were on the clutch, brake and shuttle shift linkages. All the steering knuckles were sealed. The FEL has like 26, practically need a full grease gun to get around all those.
Aside from the greasing of joints, it is like has been stated. Change the fluids when specified. Just takes a lot more gallons rather than quarts to do it. They are similar to a 4 WD car. You have oil to change in the front drive units also but much of this is long duration type maintenance so the majority is just change the oil and filters, including fuel filters and if you get HST, HST oil filters are usually separate from the hydraulic filters, so you could have 3 oil filters to change. Check the service recommendation on your proposed tractor. I just bought a Kubota RTV and I see that Kubota raised the limit on changing some of the fluids from 200 to 500 on their RTV and many of their SCUT/CUT tractors. They were originally extraordinarily short duration.
SInce I am a ways from my 50 hour service, I really havent delved into the service limits on my LS other than greasing the zerks.