Comparing Botas with LS rebranded (Case)

/ Comparing Botas with LS rebranded (Case)
Thats the first I have heard of that name.

/ Comparing Botas with LS rebranded (Case) #14  
Did anyone look at a Dong Feng re-branded tractor in their comparisons?
I am pretty sure I will go with an LS this spring when they arrive, but did find a tractor dealer about an hour and a half north that sells Dong Feng. Seems to be the same idea as LS.

I had never heard of Dongfeng so I googled the name. They are a big Chinese outfit. I haven't heard anything good or bad about them. The Chinese tractors carried by Northern Tool have gotten very mixed reviews. I considered a 40 or so hp Chinese tractor (don't remember the brand) before going with the S3010 but was scared off by it's 1 year warranty. There might be something about Dongfeng in the Chinese tractor forum.

/ Comparing Botas with LS rebranded (Case) #15  
Yeah the warantee will be the key. I also like this LS dealer just looking at all options.

/ Comparing Botas with LS rebranded (Case) #16  
How can That be anything like an LS?
Just cause they painted them Blue?
Hope these guys are different from some of the other chinese makers out there I have read about (owners comments).
Now the other thing is LS doesnt get allot of praise - of course that doesnt come from OWNERS.:laughing:
404V2.JPG

Just upset people who paid too much to get less.

/ Comparing Botas with LS rebranded (Case) #17  
Getting ready to buy a U5030. I think you will find LS are built in S. Korea in a brand new factory in Jeonju. The U-series was developed in 2006 and won S. Korea industrial design grand prize in 2008. I guess what I am saying is most of the LS line is newly designed and built in a newly designed modern factories in S. Korea. So the past history is not relevant. LS tractors are some of the most modern designs built in the newest factories making tractors. I have to say unless your buying a MF 1600 (built by Izeki at new modern factory in Japan for MF) or you own a new LS you might be getting a lesser product built who knows where. Those modern automated factories may be the reason for the prices, modern automated factories make higher quality products at reduced prices.

HS

/ Comparing Botas with LS rebranded (Case) #18  
Getting ready to buy a U5030.

Welcome to the LS Tractor forum. As you can see, we are a small (but growing) band of owner/operators, who get fiercely loyal when the uninformed basher takes pot-shots at the brand. Let us know how it goes with the U5030.

Last edited:
   / Comparing Botas with LS rebranded (Case) #19  
I think you will be happy with your u-5030. The power is awesome.
I must drive up a dirt road to get to my hill meadows and the bulk
of our property. Going up the road I shift the gears as easy as my
f-350. To up or down shift is so easy and no raking or having to double
clutch. The dealers mechanic talked me into a 5030 instead of a 5020.
Glad i listened to him. Also glad I chose the LS instead of one of
the other three brands I looked at.
Our money does not come easy as i am sure most of you.
I tried to get the most for our money and I think we did.

/ Comparing Botas with LS rebranded (Case) #20  
I think you will be happy with your u-5030. The power is awesome.
I must drive up a dirt road to get to my hill meadows and the bulk
of our property. Going up the road I shift the gears as easy as my
f-350. To up or down shift is so easy and no raking or having to double
clutch. The dealers mechanic talked me into a 5030 instead of a 5020.
Glad i listened to him. Also glad I chose the LS instead of one of
the other three brands I looked at.
Our money does not come easy as i am sure most of you.
I tried to get the most for our money and I think we did.

Welcome to the LS forum fenix. I get the impression all the LS buyers are the kind of people that do a lot of careful comparisons to get the most for their hard earned dollars. So far I haven't seen or heard anything to make me think we're not. Congrats on your purchase. I'm beginning to think maybe I should have gone with a bigger tractor, but I know the S3010 is more than enough tractor for my needs. On the positive side I was able to pay it off in 6 months from the time I had it delivered.:)