Are LS Owners "Dealer Bashers"?

/ Are LS Owners "Dealer Bashers"? #1  

LittleBlueTractor

Gold Member
Tractor
LS S3010
I haven't been paying too much attention up in the "Buying/Pricing/Comparisons" forum, but just saw this:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/buying-pricing-comparisons/198109-dealer-bashing-rules.html

I'm not sure just what it was that generated this response from the forum admin, but wondered if it had anything to do with some of our responses up in the "Kubota vs Mahindra & throw in LS tractors" thread. I admit I got a little "testy" up there. So do we need to "curb our enthusiasm" a bit? Kinda frustrating that there doesn't seem to be any kind of similar rule about brand bashing -- whether the opinions expressed are fair or not. Then again,the effects of opinions about machines are not the same as opinions about people and their motives.

/ Are LS Owners "Dealer Bashers"? #2  
Just a note - the link you posted was specifically talking about this:
"...You have to be somewhat suspicious of the motivation of anyone who joins TBN simply to 'share' their horrible dealer or horrible brand story...."

That would be someone like the guy who was lying - talking bad about LS.
We called him on it. We did what, I am sure, the mods would want to do if they were the average JSTRM.

By the way he claimed to be a dealer and was doing the bashing.

Last edited:
   / Are LS Owners "Dealer Bashers"?
Just a note - the link you posted was specifically talking about this:
"...You have to be somewhat suspicious of the motivation of anyone who joins TBN simply to 'share' their horrible dealer or horrible brand story...."

Yeah, you're probably right, but I couldn't find a recent thread like that. Maybe it's been deleted. Just remembered things getting a little heated in that thread where we discussed re-branded LS machines being sold by CNH.

/ Are LS Owners "Dealer Bashers"? #4  
I read that thread before it was pulled. It was a new member(post 1) and he specifically named a dealer and how bad of a deal he got and how he was screwed over by the dealer. That prompted the pulling of the thread and the sticky about dealer bashing and hearing only one side of the story. Maybe some of the comments on here got a little personal with the sales guy and his motives, but he pretty much brought it all own himself by trying to sales talk ( with very little luck IMHO) his way out of the pickle he had presented about LS being low quality tractors compared to his NH and Kubota for which I am sure he makes the most money from mark up. I think we all have to be aware of posts here and the motives especially if you get total bashing or even total absolutely not one problem. I doubt any mass assembled piece of anything is going to be flawless. IF you want flawless, then pay your $450,000 or 1 million and get a one of a kind RollsRoyce hand built to your specifications and every item tested for flawless operation prior to sale. Otherwise expect to find the occassional bolt that has been over torqued by a minimum wage employee at a dealership or missing bolt, etc. As long as the seller make good on it, and you only hear of the occassional quality glitch, there is no problem. If I looked at the number of posts here with Kubota's and JD broken or malfunctioning, I would think they are pretty sorry tractors. Most folks (besides LS guys) dont get on the forum and expound about how good their tractors are unless someone asks if anyone encountered a particular problem and then you will get the braggers out that tell you tales like the Kubota owner of a 19HP tractor that claimed he was pulling a 45KW generator with his 2620 and could pull it with a 1550 (13pto) Well some tales just naturally evolk some "you're full of BS " responses especially when you are responding to a call for help on what size generator will my tractor power. We have to bash around every now and then to keep the braggarts and self promoters at bay.

/ Are LS Owners "Dealer Bashers"?
I read that thread before it was pulled. It was a new member(post 1) and he specifically named a dealer and how bad of a deal he got and how he was screwed over by the dealer. That prompted the pulling of the thread and the sticky about dealer bashing and hearing only one side of the story.

Thanks for the info Gary, thought it might be something like that.

IF you want flawless, then pay your $450,000 or 1 million and get a one of a kind RollsRoyce hand built to your specifications and every item tested for flawless operation prior to sale.

I don't know if you get a flawless machine when you buy RR, but I am pretty sure you are paying upfront for the fixing any flaws that pop up. Just a guess as I don't actually own one.

/ Are LS Owners "Dealer Bashers"? #6  
It seems many of the LS guys have done a real extensive review of all the tractor manufactures to make a logical selection before purchase. That said we are "up" on what all the colors offer and where they are made and even how modern the design is and where it came from and who used it in what models. I think many of us like me were not attached to any brand but wanted to investigate the best buy or simply the best tractor and came to some conclusions and LS bubbled to the top and we bought one. Now to assume the dealers were not important in that conclusion is bogus. There is a difference between bashing dealers and making a honest review of your experience and posting it, the dealers better be ready to be outed if they don't act within reason on the sale of a 30K piece of heavy equipment.

HS

/ Are LS Owners "Dealer Bashers"? #7  
If you read a thread that's bashing a dealer, click on the
report.gif
button under their name and report it...

/ Are LS Owners "Dealer Bashers"? #8  
If you read a thread that's bashing a dealer, click on the
report.gif
button under their name and report it...
I just did.
It was a dealer bashing LS with inaccurate info.

/ Are LS Owners "Dealer Bashers"? #9  
Does anyone know if the forums are dealer supported? This might explain the reactions....

HS

/ Are LS Owners "Dealer Bashers"? #10  
Does anyone know if the forums are dealer supported? This might explain the reactions...HS
Must be.
Only my thread was edited.
The dealers thread was left - including his inaccurate information.