Had my R4010 three weeks now.

/ Had my R4010 three weeks now. #1  

Short Game

Veteran Member
Tractor
LS R4010 & Cub Cadet 7300
I'm at 29 hours. Finished about thirty miles of mowing some of the disc golf course fairways today (2 1/2 weeks of rank spring growth). In those three weeks I've been modifying Young Blue to be my new firewood machine. So far, my old homemade forks are modified to fit the new bucket. Chain hooks are welded to the bucket. The battery has been moved an inch and a half to the right to make room for a multi battery isolator which is all mounted and wired in real sanno with 10AWG boat cable. A shelf for my winch battery is bolted to the roll bar, of which the left upright now sports a nice, newly built, chainsaw scabbard. That battery is parked inside angle irons on a rubber mat and cinched down with an old GM seatbelt. My tractor tool box is on that shelf, along with a chain box that holds a 20 footer and three or four shorter choker chains. I rigged a linkage from from a handle behind the tractor to one of the remote hydraulic connection controls under the front of the seat to operate my box scraper mounted homemade wood splitter. Today I put new, longer, hydraulic lines on the splitter because the position of the remotes was different from my old Cub Cadet and the old ones didn't reach. And then, I went out and split a cart full of wood that I bucked last fall.

I've been a busy boy.

Last edited:
   / Had my R4010 three weeks now. #2  
Too busy to snap even one picture?

multi battery isolator which is all mounted and wired in real sano with 10AGW boat cable.

Especially this project. Why did you make this modification?

/ Had my R4010 three weeks now.
Too busy to snap even one picture?

I have to apologize for no pictures. It's driving me crazy to not be able to do it. I kicked the Windoze habit and my camera won't download to my computer. I will have to get a second computer for doing that I guess. My Windoze machines are '98 and not supported by my CenturyLink DSL.

Why did you make this modification?

So that the 12.000 lb. Warn Winch on my box scraper doesn't draw from the starter/tractor battery. It's the way my Cub Cadet was set up and I never had any problems. I did the same for the winch on my old van. Now I've done it again. Both batteries get charged and the isolator is supposed to protect the alternator from overdoing.

/ Had my R4010 three weeks now. #6  
I use Ubuntu to. In my latest build I installed Mythbuntu which basically has Xbuntu in it. I went back to Ubuntu as it is setup to be more user friendly from the get go.

I believe it sees your camera but just doesn't pop up and tell you like Ubuntu does. Try going into Places->Removeable Meida and you should see your camera there. If it is you can just drag and drop from there. I like that option now as I open up the camera, open up tabs to where I have my pictures sorted and just put them in the right spot off from the camera from the get go.

If you can't see it there let me know and I'll boot into Xbuntu and see if I can figure it out. Xbuntu has a freaky menu structure.

Otherwise, you can download GNome, (which is the Ubuntu front end), and it should be more user friendly. Or to do it right you could download Ubuntu and just install that.

I may be just too weak on computers to have linux. Still, the thought of dealing with Windoze issues keeps me from going back.

/ Had my R4010 three weeks now. #8  
Ubuntu Linux has a great community that helps a lot. I didn't really know much about it but have been using it for a couple of years and I like that there is a fix for everything and everything is free.

I'm in Xfce now which I believe is the front end for Xbuntu. I've customized mine but this part may be the same for you. If indeed you are in Xfce. Anyway, go to Application->Settings->Xfce 4 Settings Manager In there you will see "Removable Drives and Media" You can go into there and try settings for your camera.

Good luck.

Thanks so much. I found that place but it ain't gunna happen tonight. It's almost summer and I'm way behind on my wood and still have many hours of mowing to jam in each week.

/ Had my R4010 three weeks now. #10  
Linux troubleshooting is one of the last things I expected to see on anywhere on TBN, and much less so in our little LS forum. If you want to come over to the "dark side" check out the OSx86 site:

OSx86

NOT that I'm brave enough to try it myself -- I'm a cowardly Mac user.