Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    LS R4010 & Cub Cadet 7300

Default That Parking Brake

I have been forgetting to release the brake lever. I've done it several times already. When it's on hard enough to hold it on a slight hill, it's almost unnoticeable when I put power to the wheels. I don't know how many times I can get away with my normal forgetfulness. I went about 600 feet yesterday with the lever pulled up. I know I've got that red light on the instrument display, but I guess I'm hard to retrain. Actuating the lever is a bit hard on my bad back too.

I miss the way my Cub Cadet brake worked. Just hit the pedals and the parking lock lets go. That system was so simple that I believe I can put a second lock of that style on the pedals quite easily. I will try it and make pictures of the parts and installation.

Tractor
    LS S3010

Default Re: That Parking Brake

Quote Originally Posted by Short Game View Post
    I miss the way my Cub Cadet brake worked. Just hit the pedals and the parking lock lets go. That system was so simple that I believe I can put a second lock of that style on the pedals quite easily. I will try it and make pictures of the parts and installation.
    That's the way the parking brake works on my S3010, but I have still forgotten to release it. My place is so flat that I rarely need to use it so I usually don't and just drop the loader bucket to the ground. Maybe not the safest solution....

You might want to look at the parking brake lever on the S3010 -- it might save you the trouble of having to build one. I would send a pic but my tractor is about an hour away. I'll look through my pics and manuals to see if I have anything that might help.
    Lil' Blue
    ------------------
    LS Tractor S3010 w/FEL
    Ag-Meier Mohawk Brave 5' cutter
    Armstrong Ag BB05-Std 5' Box Blade
    TSC CountyLine Middle Buster
    WildKat 48" Single Cyl Grapple
    Versatech 42" Pallet Forks
    A "no name" Stump Bucket that works really well

Tractor
    LS R3039, Power King 1614, Simplicity Soveriegn 75th Aniv model.

Ha, just today I let the wife drive the R3039 around the field and after she had gone about 30yrds she yells " is this red P supposed to be on" - DOH! Thats the one thing I forgot to tell her about. Too many levers to keep track of.

Tractor
    LS S3010

Don't know if any of this will help, but here is what it shows in the S3010 manual:

-brake-jpg

And here is a shot I took to show the wiring to my diverter. It kinda shows the design of the parking brake:

-brake2-jpg

Good luck if you decide to modify yours.
    Lil' Blue
    ------------------
    LS Tractor S3010 w/FEL
    Ag-Meier Mohawk Brave 5' cutter
    Armstrong Ag BB05-Std 5' Box Blade
    TSC CountyLine Middle Buster
    WildKat 48" Single Cyl Grapple
    Versatech 42" Pallet Forks
    A "no name" Stump Bucket that works really well

Silver Member
    Tractor
    LS R4041EZ

Well the Parking Brake doesn't seem to hold the tractor much on mine...Im wondering if there is an adjustment. I seem to forget the thing is on also. I guess I need to work out a startup procedure. I used to go L-R on my cub...but ALOT less gadgets on that.
    Dwight
    2011 LS R4041EZ w/FEL, 1949 Farmall Cub, Rotary Cutter, Box Blade, Harrow Disc

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    jd 1050 LS I3040H. CASE SC

I have been contemplating looking into adding some wiring that would activate a buzzer or beeper anytime the parking brake is on and the hyrdo pedals are depressed. I had been used to my Dad's JD that we almost never used the brakes on and find myself leaving the parking break on. It does make a slight difference when moving, but sure not enough for me to remember to release it every time!
    LS I3040H w/ loader
    JD 1050 w/ loader and backhoe
    Case SC. 1952

Elite Member
    Tractor

That's a great idea. I can see taking a tap off the brake light wire and running it through a switch that is activated when I take the shuttle out of neutral. I'll call it, "memory enhancement."

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

I dont have a problem remembering to release my parking brake. By just nominal pressure to lock it in, the engine will stall if not released. I would think that all parking brakes would do the same if properly adjusted
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Elite Member
    Tractor

That's probably right. It might just be that "properly adjusted" and "brand new" are not the same thing. It might be time to tighten mine up.

Bronze Member

I have a Boomer 35 which for all intents and purposes is an LS. The machine sure beeps and drives you crazy for not having the brake on at shut down, why doesn't it alert you when you have left it on...I've done the same thing. Apparently I don't have it set tight enough to hold the tractor. Sure makes your feel dumb when you look down and see it on though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast