Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    LS R4010 & Cub Cadet 7300

Default Re: Must have mods or attachments for new LS.

I don't know, my LL4100 loader is so gutless that I doubt it could hurt itself doing anything, except maybe stopping the tractor's fall at the bottom of a cliff. Just this evening I started looking at the possibility of adapting my Cub Cadet 417 loader to the LS mounts. I guess learning that not only is my stock loader weak, in comparison, but when I could not raise my most recent keg of ale to the level of my deck, falling a whole foot short, that frosted me, not the ale. This is a job the little Cub Cadet had to be watched on so as to not raise the keg too high and hit the deck railing. That shortfall was just about the last straw. Subsequently, I measured the loader booms from top pivot pin to bucket roll-back pin. The LS's span is 67 inches. My Cub Cadet's is 79 inches. Not only is the loader weaker, it is considerably smaller. Even the bucket is smaller.

If and when I do the adaption, I'll post pictures of my yellow loader on my blue tractor. I am hoping the top brass at LS has been reading about my disappointments with the loader. I'm waiting to hear from them. I want to know why a tractor with a third more weight and a third more horsepower has such an inferior loader. So I guess I'm spoiled. The question is, why was I spoiled by a 1996 27 HP Cub Cadet's loader? Doesn't LS wonder about that?

I bought this tractor to replace the Cub Cadet. I bought a bigger tractor in order to do more. In many ways it does do more. Loader-wise, not so. The loader is no small part of what I depend upon in a tractor. Did I make a mistake getting this tractor?

I don't want any heat coming back on the dealer I bought it from. This is LS's issue. The fact that they have upped the size of the bucket cylinders from 2010 to 2011 says they have a clue that there is a problem.
    Last edited by Short Game; 09-09-2011 at 01:14 AM.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    LS U3050C

Quote Originally Posted by Short Game
    I don't know, my LL4100 loader is so gutless that I doubt it could hurt itself doing anything, except maybe stopping the tractor's fall at the bottom of a cliff. Just this evening I started looking at the possibility of adapting my Cub Cadet 417 loader to the LS mounts. I guess learning that not only is my stock loader weak, in comparison, but when I could not raise my most recent keg of ale to the level of my deck, falling a whole foot short, that frosted me, not the ale. This is a job the little Cub Cadet had to be watched on so as to not raise the keg too high and hit the deck railing. That shortfall was just about the last straw. Subsequently, I measured the loader booms from top pivot pin to bucket roll-back pin. The LS's span is 67 inches. My Cub Cadet's is 79 inches. Not only is the loader weaker, it is considerably smaller. Even the bucket is smaller.

If and when I do the adaption, I'll post pictures of my yellow loader on my blue tractor. I am hoping the top brass at LS has been reading about my disappointments with the loader. I'm waiting to hear from them. I want to know why a tractor with a third more weight and a third more horsepower has such an inferior loader. So I guess I'm spoiled. The question is, why was I spoiled by a 1996 27 HP Cub Cadet's loader? Doesn't LS wonder about that?

I bought this tractor to replace the Cub Cadet. I bought a bigger tractor in order to do more. In many ways it does do more. Loader-wise, not so. The loader is no small part of what I depend upon in a tractor. Did I make a mistake getting this tractor?

I don't want any heat coming back on the dealer I bought it from. This is LS's issue. The fact that they have upped the size of the bucket cylinders from 2010 to 2011 says they have a clue that there is a problem.
    Maybe you should write this in Korean so the top brass at LS can read it.
    LS U5030C, International McCormick B-414 Gas

Elite Member
    Tractor
    LS R4010 & Cub Cadet 7300

Quote Originally Posted by ozley View Post
    Maybe you should write this in Korean so the top brass at LS can read it.
    LS Tractor USA LLC, 6900 Corporation Parkway, Battleboro, NC 27809
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    LS U3050C

Quote Originally Posted by Short Game

LS Tractor USA LLC, 6900 Corporation Parkway, Battleboro, NC 27809
    I would give them a call.
    LS U5030C, International McCormick B-414 Gas

Silver Member
    Tractor
    LS U5030C w/FEL

If you search "grapple" on his list, several folks say that a grapple is their most used implement. My grapple is due in next Monday and I expect to be using it quite a bit this winter.
    LS U5030C w/FEL, Bush Hog 307, Modern 7' industrial grade box blade w/hydraulic rippers, Rhino SPHD PHD, 48" Wildkat grapple, 72" Ratchet Rake, 6' King Kutter II tiller, 10' International Disk with hydraulic lift, 7' Vulcan double axle cultipacker, 76" W.R. Long bucket tooth bar.

Tractor
    MF 1440-4 PowerShuttle

Short Game
    Have you checked the hydraulic pressure on the LS? There are some tractors that come from the factory with the pressure to low.

Tractor
    Bolens (Iseki) H1502; LS R3039

Quote Originally Posted by vwnotrunning View Post
    I put a receiver hitch in the center of the bucket. HF has an insert with a clevis for hooking a chain to and you can insert you ball to move the trailers around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Short Game View Post
    I did the same on top of the bucket. I also have a 50 inch piece of 2X2X1/4 tubing with a hook at the end that pins in for a short boom.
    Any pics of either setup? I want to mount something on mine, but I want to use it for moving trailers, and I cant picture the best way of mounting it, that will allow a low hitch height for a trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBlueTractor View Post
    I realize I'm a little late to this thread, but here's a pic of my jazzed up OEM bucket:

Attachment 228918

The dealer added the 2 funky grab hooks on the outside. Then I read on TBN that any hooks you use for heavy work should be at or inside the loader arms to keep from tweaking the arms, so I had a friend weld on a 2" x 2" x .25" angle iron to the top of the bucket and add the weld-on grab hooks and the 2" receiver tube.
    How do you use this setup for moving trailers? I dont see how it will work without having the trailer hitch height above the bucket....

Tractor
    LS 3039H

Quote Originally Posted by mangus580 View Post
    Any pics of either setup? I want to mount something on mine, but I want to use it for moving trailers, and I cant picture the best way of mounting it, that will allow a low hitch height for a trailer.

How do you use this setup for moving trailers? I dont see how it will work without having the trailer hitch height above the bucket....

here is mine that the dealer welded up

depending on what trailer your moving ...( I'm moving a 10k dump trailer ) you will need the rear tires filled and maybe even a counter weight on the 3 point....

Jeff

Tractor
    Bolens (Iseki) H1502; LS R3039

I guess what I am trying to figure out, is if you have a trailer sitting with the hitch maybe 8" off the ground, can you get under it? Or do you need to leave the trailer jacked up higher than that?

My 6.5x10' utility trailer I tend not to use the jack on it, unless i have a load on it, since its easier to just lift off, than to mess with the jack.

Tractor
    LS 3039H

Quote Originally Posted by mangus580 View Post
    I guess what I am trying to figure out, is if you have a trailer sitting with the hitch maybe 8" off the ground, can you get under it? Or do you need to leave the trailer jacked up higher than that?

My 6.5x10' utility trailer I tend not to use the jack on it, unless i have a load on it, since its easier to just lift off, than to mess with the jack.
    where mine is welded works great with a mild drop slug if i had it on top it would be a bitch to move the trailer around, and you have to watch you don't mount it back to far the cutting edge will hit the toung jack.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast