FEL male hydraulic couplings

/ FEL male hydraulic couplings #1  

Gary Fowler

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010
I just got my tractor back running after 4 weeks down with busted fuel tank and my tieback on the hydraulic hoses failed. My front tire hooked 2 of the hoses and ripped them of the connection block. They rigged my tractor up with male quick connects on the tractor and the female on the hoses for some reason. Anyway it broke 2 of the males and I am having a heck of a time finding a replacement. Everyone including my dealer has nothing in stock to fit it. They are a different size from the rear remotes. All the have on them are PT 3/8". I thought I had it made when I found some old ones in the mechanics bay at the dealer that would snap into my coupling but when I got home I found that the threaded connection was slightly smaller than mine. Any one have a clue as to where I could order 2 of these and what I should be asking for?

/ FEL male hydraulic couplings #2  
Why not just replace everything-both male and female's with something more standard to eliminate this problem in the future?

Or post a picture of what you have so we could help identify them?

/ FEL male hydraulic couplings
I dont think it practical to replace 6 quick connects and even so, the problem is in the distribution block that has 3/8" fitting where as most couplings are 1/2"
The factory fittings are PT 3/8" and the fitting that I got is (photo on right) PCC series K which fits into the female coupling but the inlet threads are a bit smaller than 3/8" NPT which is what I need . I guess I just have to find the PT 3/8". Someone has to have them. Since I am not familiar with all the styles and numbering systems for thes couplings, I have to try and find some info on how these things are numbered. Well photo wont upload, but it is the type with the point rather than a ball. All it has on it is what I have indicated above

Hey the photo finally loaded. My internet connection is running slow today.

Attachments

• IMG_0950.jpg
    IMG_0950.jpg
    634.2 KB · Views: 555
I went over and checked my brother in law New Holland and it has the same coupling on the FEL. I wonder how many more folks here have the same thing and just dont know it?

/ FEL male hydraulic couplings #7  
Just like Kenny said, and I doubt that you will beat Discounts price by much if at all.

Monday I went to the New Holland dealer to buy the coupling and this is the start of another fairy tale. First I show him the coupling and he checks his inventor; none in stock. Then he looks up the part number to order me 2 of them and low and behold, his schematic didnt show the male portion only the female. He wanted to know the loader number to get the part for the male. I didnt know the loader number for my brother in laws boomer 2030 tractor. Luckily he had a couple of small tractors 1510 & 1520 with loaders right outside the office and I uncoupled one of the fittings; they were the same coupling. He looks the part number up and then he goes in the back and comes back with a coupling, ONE ONLY. I asked him for another one and no luck, only got the one. So I take the one and have him order me 2 more so I will have a spare. $42 on my debit card and I leave with one coupling and 2 on order to be Fed EX to my doorstep in 3-4 days. Well they arrived earlier than expected on Tuesday afternoon and they were exactly what I ordered (miracle of miracles) So thanks to New Holland dealer, I am back in business.

/ FEL male hydraulic couplings #9  
What is the manufacture name and number on the QD's?

The LS QD says Kwang Kong? and PT 3/8". I will have to go to my shop and look at the New Holland part number.