Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    LS 5020c

Default LS Backhoe

Does any body have the LB3501 or LB3502 Ls backhoe? Just looking for opinions on quality, power etc..Or even how much they are( have yet to call my dealer about it)..My thoughts on it are it is is going to cost more than 10g than i might just buy an old full size TLB..Here is really the only pic i could find of one on a 5020c like mine..Definitly like the look of it and it looks like there is some beef to the metal boom/ dipper, etc..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -00e63ad90a0a006500d0d8437f5468af-jpg   -00e6aa350a0a006500d0d8438586be44-jpg  

Gold Member
    Tractor
    LS 4047

Default Re: LS Backhoe

I had my dealer quote it to me back before I got my tractor. I don't recall the model or even the price, but when I was looking I found that they generally cost $1000 per foot of digging depth. Good luck. Can't wait to hear more info about them.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 5425 w/542 Loader

I am also curious on the LS Backhoe reviews. I saw a post on the main forum (best tractor with available backhoe - Page 2 - TractorByNet.com) asking about tractors with BH but no LS responses so am not sure if LS owners did not see the post or if they did not have a response.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    LS U5030C w/FEL

I am interested as well, but not for $1,000/ft. of digging depth.
    LS U5030C w/FEL, Bush Hog 307, Modern 7' industrial grade box blade w/hydraulic rippers, Rhino SPHD PHD, 48" Wildkat grapple, 72" Ratchet Rake, 6' King Kutter II tiller, 10' International Disk with hydraulic lift, 7' Vulcan double axle cultipacker, 76" W.R. Long bucket tooth bar.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    jd 1050 LS I3040H. CASE SC

The LS dealers I talked with before purchasing showed very little enthusism for selling the LS backhoe. It could have been that I just looked like a cheap *** that would not purchase the hoe. I purchased a 3 point (Rhino unit painted JD green) unit that I could put on my LS, but keep it on my dad's JD. Many on here will tell you of the horrors of the 3 point units, but my use is generally light and sparadic.
    LS I3040H w/ loader
    JD 1050 w/ loader and backhoe
    Case SC. 1952

Tractor
    LS 5020c

well after calling my local LS dealer i got the impression as well that they didnt want to sell me the bigger ones due to quality issues..He did however say that they will sell me a wallenstine 7 foot with sub frame for 6 grand and a 7.5 foot wallenstien for 7500...a little steeper than i wanted to go and i can probably buy an older full size backhoe for 7500..not sure what to do..

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Quote Originally Posted by toxicjeeper View Post
    well after calling my local LS dealer i got the impression as well that they didnt want to sell me the bigger ones due to quality issues..He did however say that they will sell me a wallenstine 7 foot with sub frame for 6 grand and a 7.5 foot wallenstien for 7500...a little steeper than i wanted to go and i can probably buy an older full size backhoe for 7500..not sure what to do..
    If you have the room for an older full size unit, you will be much happier with one of them, waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more machine.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Many LS tractors & a few Yanmars too

We haven't had one of the 3501 backhoes through here yet, but I have to say that we've been nothing but impressed with LS's smaller backhoes... they're both stouter and less expensive than the Koykers we've sold in the past, and have a frame mount with quick disconnect capability. We looked at the Wallensteins also, but they were a lot more money than the LS units...maybe we're not buying the Wallensteins right, because we couldn't have done one at the prices quoted above. I would recommend strongly AGAINST putting a 3pt connect backhoe on your tractor.
    John Ryan
    RCO Tractor
    john@rcotractor.com

Quote Originally Posted by toxicjeeper View Post
    I just ordered my LS 5020 and too was looking at the backhoe option. Any word on a price? I know that the tractor mounted hoe is not the same a owning a true backhoe, but it saves me maintenance on more tires, brakes, engine, ect ect. I do light digging like a pole barn here and there and stumps in the summer. If you hear anything on a price let me know. I seem to remember a price from my dealer near $6K. Thanks

Gold Member
    Tractor
    jd 1050 LS I3040H. CASE SC

When I bought my smaller LS I wanted to get a backhoe also. I do not recall the pricing but it seemed way over priced and they had none in Oklahoma to look at. The local dealer had not sold one. I went with a 3-pt (I know flame on) that I put on my Dad's JD1050. It will fit my LS and when I have time I will build a sub frame for my LS. There are several threads on building a sub frame here on TBN.

Brian
    LS I3040H w/ loader
    JD 1050 w/ loader and backhoe
    Case SC. 1952

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast