Shop manuals?

/ Shop manuals? #1  

akraven

Bronze Member
Did a search and sent an email to LS website with no luck. Are shop/service/repair manuals available for LS tractors? Thank you!

Last edited:
   / Shop manuals? #2  
I've been wondering the same thing myself and have been meaning to check with my dealer. On the other hand, sometimes these manuals get me into more trouble than if I didn't have one:D.

/ Shop manuals? #3  
I just got one for my R4041EZ. Believe it or not.. it was free. I had the dealership order one from LS. She said that LS did not have a part number for it yet. and to mail her a few dollars for their cost to mail it to me. Which reminds me I still have to do that.. After reading through it I found that if I had paid more than $10.00 for it.. I would have felt ripped off. It isnt as thorough as I think a service manual should be.

/ Shop manuals?
Thanks Boomer632. I was hoping for the typical thick comprehensive manual.

/ Shop manuals? #5  
I made getting service and parts manuals a requirement of my deal on my R4010. I don't rate the service manual very highly compared to what I'm used to. It has decent drawings but very sketchy on procedures and details. The dealer had problems getting them from LS so they wound up just running me copies of theirs.

/ Shop manuals? #6  
My service manual details engine teardown, transmission, hydraulics, power steering, starter and alternator. Not very descriptive. No mention of electrical system.

/ Shop manuals? #7  
My service manual is about the only thing I have found disappointing with my LS!

/ Shop manuals?
I wonder what the dealers mechanics are using as reference if it is that incomplete?

/ Shop manuals? #9  
Searh the internet for "implement and tractor" or I&T manuals. I like the ones I have for my larger tractors.

/ Shop manuals?
Searh the internet for "implement and tractor" or I&T manuals. I like the ones I have for my larger tractors.

I searched some I&T sites and didn;t see anything LS specific.
I wonder if one of the rebadged machines manuals would be close enought o be applicable? Anybody ever looked up close at those machines and compared to their own?