Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

Default Re: NAPA paint color match

There are some companies that do it. This is the first I found, but it isn't cheap-$19-35 per can.

http://www.apstowerpaint.com/categor...-mixed-paint/3

Bruce

Gold Member
    Tractor
    LS 4047

Quote Originally Posted by tmeadows View Post
    Can anyone help me find a Napa store that will mix paint. All the stores in my area look at me like I am crazy when I ask them if they can mix paint and put it in a spray can. If I can find a store I will just order it. Thanks Tim
    It is the put it in a spray can that got you the looks. Making spray paint cans is not an easy feat. What they may be able to do is mix you some automotive paint and you can go to Harbor Freight or wherever and pick up an HVLP spray gun kit to use with your compressor. Don't forget water filters for your compressor lines!

Gold Member
    Tractor
    LS R3039H

Well, here's another color to try --- I think it's a great match. I welded up a simple bracket to mount instruments on then used "Ford Blue No. 205" by Plasti-Kote. It's an old Ford engine color. I used it cause I had it. I like the color match. $7 for a 12 oz spray can.

Amazon.com: PlastiKote 205 Old Ford Blue Engine Enamel - 12 Oz.: Automotive

Tractor
    LS I3040

Valspar, Gloss Safety Blue is very close. sold at tractor supply.

Tractor
    Ford 1920 - Looking at replacing with a new LS

Have you tried asking the dealer to order you some? I just bought a Bad Boy mower and had the dealer get me a spray can of factory orange paint for a few dollars.

Tractor
    kubota L3010

Default Re: Impliment paint color match

Guys, I just bought a good condition HOWSE rotary mower. It really looks good, even has the factory decals. The sides and the lower rear discharge areas have some scraping and bare metal and I'd like to repaint it to match. Anal, I know.....
    Here's the rub.....everybody has JD or kubota or New Holland Blue.....but few carry IMPLIMENT colors. Anyone know of where to get them? I tried a rattle can of red and way too bright..... BTW, "Big Bee" uses FORD RED.....perfect match.

Default Re: Impliment paint color match

You could do what I did in the original post and take a small piece of it with the correct color to your local auto paint store and match it to what they have in there catalog.

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE

Some folks have said that Krylon Chevy Engine Paint is a pretty good match. I bought a couple cans of Rustoleum Engine Orange at Harbor Freight for $4.97 each and it appears to be pretty spot on. I bought a can on New Kioti Orange at the dealer and it was $15!!

Tractor
    kubota L3010

AKRAVEN....Will auto paint suppliers sell SMALL amounts? I remember painting car fenders and a quart is the least they would mix.
    Then when you mix that with thinner.....you end up with alot of waste.
    Still looking for HOWSE RED....thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing View Post
    AKRAVEN....Will auto paint suppliers sell SMALL amounts? I remember painting car fenders and a quart is the least they would mix.
    Then when you mix that with thinner.....you end up with alot of waste.
    Still looking for HOWSE RED....thanks
    Boeing have you called/stopped by any of your local paint stores and asked them whats available? My local NAPA will sell in pint cans and with custom mixed paint to match/thinner/hardener is $60 total(Alaska prices). All I can suggest is get out your local yellow pages and start calling around and see what is available in your local area. Then take a sample piece of your mower along and color match to what they have in there color book.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast