Dumb Question-Hydraulic Fluid

/ Dumb Question-Hydraulic Fluid #11  
Boomer, yeah. I got all 3. So is there a way of not running it dry. Meaning this- I will fill it before I run the tractor but can't think of anything else that would get the air out until I cycle the cylinders and let it self bleed unless there are bleed valves.
So has anyone seen these shutoff levers to cut the hydro lines to the FEL on an LS? My buddies have different tractors that mentioned these shutoff valves.

/ Dumb Question-Hydraulic Fluid #12  
Oh.. I get your question now.. I thought you were trying to get the lines and cylinders completly empty prior to filling with new fluid.

Cycling the hydraulics is the proper way to get the ari out of the system. Youll bareley even notice it when you move the joystick. When I changed mine, only had a couple small hiccups when lifting loader and that was it.. all air out.

/ Dumb Question-Hydraulic Fluid #13  
Great thanks. My first time changing it. Obviously.

/ Dumb Question-Hydraulic Fluid #14  
BOOMER, I HAVE AN LS 3010 4WD WITH FEL. THE FEL HAS STOPPED LIFTING AS HIGH, EVEN UNLOADED, AS IT ONCE DID. SHOULD I JUST ADD MORE HYDRAULIC FLUID?HE THE FLUID FILL POINT AT THE BACK TO THE TRACTOR (BEHIND THE SEAT ON RIGHT (LOST MY MANUAL)? I AM ASKING YOU BECAUSE IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!!!

/ Dumb Question-Hydraulic Fluid #15  
If the oil level is within the lines on the dipstick, adding oil won't help. If oil level is full I suspect there is something else going on. You shouldn't be low on oil if it was filled properly. If its low, there is a leak somewhere and most likely would have noticed it or smelled it. Hydraulic oil in these tractors, if there are no leaks should not have to be "topped off" from time to time. Did you just change the oil?

/ Dumb Question-Hydraulic Fluid #16  
NO, NO CHANGE. IS THE HYDRAULIC FLUID FILL POINT BEHIND SEAT ON RIGHT?

/ Dumb Question-Hydraulic Fluid #17  
Not sure on your model but if I were to guess.. Look down near PTO shaft..just to the right of it. Might be a little white paint on it.

/ Dumb Question-Hydraulic Fluid #18  
Make sure you drain ALL the plugs. There is more than 1.

Just FYI - I changed the hydraulic fluid yesterday and drained all three plugs. I had to re-tap each one which I found odd. I had to buy a M20-1.5 tap and dye for it.

/ Dumb Question-Hydraulic Fluid #19  
Just FYI - I changed the hydraulic fluid yesterday and drained all three plugs. I had to re-tap each one which I found odd. I had to buy a M20-1.5 tap and dye for it.

Question: My trans has 2 big drain plugs with white paint on them and 1 recessed plug with no white paint on it. Wouldn't it be enough to just remove the 2 white plugs to drain? Is the other plug the one that is magnetic? I changed just the filters at my 50 hr service. Has any one else had to re-tap the threads on the drain plugs? Sounds a little scary if you had to re-tap all 3 plugs.