Trailering P 7010 to dealer

/ Trailering P 7010 to dealer #1  

Gary Fowler

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010
My new seat and drawbar assembly came in. because I had a few other issues that I wanted to check also I loaded up the P7010 on my 12K rated trailer and proceeded to take it the 60 miles to the dealer. I got about 20 miles and had a flat which due to it being the back tire, I couldnt see it. A trucker passed me and motioned that I had a problem. It was nothing left but about 3" of side wall on each side. Wouldnt you know that I left my Hi-Lift jack at home. The tire that went flat was on that I had taken to a tire shop to plug a nail hole and I suppose the plug came out or something. Not much left of the tire to tell what happened. I tried to use my Chevy Truck jack but all I ended up doing was stripping the threads on it. Finally I just unchained and unloaded the LS on the side of I-30, lifted up the trailer and put on the spare, reloaded and made it to Sheridan to the dealer. I did manage to get a new tire in Sheridan for $154.50 (ST235/80-16 10PR made by STC I think-never heard of that brand)
Dealer is going to check the hydraulic pressure on the FEL and adjust if needed because lately it seems a bit weak, check the hydraulic coupling leak that just started as I loaded it on the trailer (really weird)check out the strange hydraulic noise that it makes for a few seconds at startup, check out the tachometer / instrument cluster short that occurs sporadically and of course put on the new seat and drawbar attachment bracket. According to the counterman, the bracket couldnt be ordered separately but it looked like all they had was the suspension base. They obviously had enough problems with that suspension that they now furnish just the bracket rather than replace the whole seat as was listed in his old parts book. It has been redesigned and the X on each side with a pin tackwelded at the crossing has been replaced with a single bar with a roller on the end which looks more like a beefed up version of what is on my Kubota B26. I couldnt see really well up behind the rubber skirt around it but for sure that x and pin are history. Barring any needed parts, I guess it will be ready in a couple of days. I will let you guys know what the final outcome is.

/ Trailering P 7010 to dealer
OH, by the way, with my 20 foot trailer it was easy to balance the load and pull it with my 1/2 ton truck. It pulled like nothing was back there as long as there wasnt any hill to climb. The gross towing weight was within specs and I had plenty of room to balance the tongue weight on the truck. I did find out that my front tires are spaced wider than the rears for some reason which I intend to take a look at and see if I cant move them in a bit. I had never noticed that when looking at it or driving it. They just barely fit between the fenders on my 84"wide trailer AND the ramps need to be readjusted to a narrower position for the rears to fit safely. It can be loaded with the ramps at the edge of the trailer which I did on the first loading not realizing that the rears were about half off the ramp till after I got it on the trailer. I may need to switch sides on the drum mounting attachment points for the tire. I think is trying to swap sides it would be way too narrow then, but if I just put the clips on the other side of the rim attachments points, I think I will reduce it an inch or so.

/ Trailering P 7010 to dealer #3  
Sorry to hear about the flat, good idea using the tractor to lift the trailer.

I hated to unload it, but after trashing the elcheapo factory POS jack for my truck, I didnt have a choice. Necessity in the mother of invention is true. To bad I didnt think to do that before I trashed my truck jack. It just wasnt made to pick up a 8000+ pound tractor and 2800 pound trailer. It did make it up and down about 3 times while we kept chocking it higher till I finally got the rim under the trailer after removing it from the wheel before it stripped some threads or something.

/ Trailering P 7010 to dealer #5  
You need to get one of these Gary. Trailer-aid. I keep one in my horsetrailer. Will handle up to 15,000lbs.

Attachments

• image-657225622.jpg
    image-657225622.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 337
Thats pretty neat. I would not have even thought of running one wheel up like that to get the back one off the ground. Where did you buy the ramp?

/ Trailering P 7010 to dealer #7  
We always used a 6x6 block of wood tapered on one end. Also you can put it side ways between the wheels as a chock.

/ Trailering P 7010 to dealer #9  
Gary Fowler said:
Thats pretty neat. I would not have even thought of running one wheel up like that to get the back one off the ground. Where did you buy the ramp?

You can buy them on Amazon now for less than $40.

/ Trailering P 7010 to dealer #10  
When you find out what the noise the hydraulic or power steering pump is making let me know I think mine is making the same noise, of course it's out of warrenty.