Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Montana R4944, Ford Jubilee, Ford 621, Ford 841

Default Re: Thinking about buy a LS tractor?

I have the R4944 Montana same tractor as the R4047 (earilier model 2009) and made by LS, I have over 250 hours love the tractor very little problems.
    Montana R4944
    Ford Jubliee, Ford 841, Ford 621 industrial with FEL & BH

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

I love my P 7010C which I have had for 2 years now. Only problems I have had is a pin broke in the seat suspension and the belly hitch holding the drawbar on broke off when I was trying to pull out 14 yard dump truck fully loaded with rock. I did manage to get him out afterward by using the FEL to hold the bed while he dumped(he was on a pretty good slope) and then picked him up and pushed him out with the FEL.
    Anyway both issues were fixed under warranty even the drawbar holding pin was replaced and the rear bracket that the drawbar swings on even though there was nothing wrong with it. Good warranty. Almost forgot, early versions of the 7010 had a skid plate mounted to the fuel tank with 4 bolts moulded into the tank. These cracked early on from running over brush. The whole tank was replaced and newly designed attachments sent. The new tanks dont have the mounting bolts embedded in them. I still have my old tank that I fixed with JBWeld over a 16 months ago and still holding. I did a little redesign myself and put in a solid plate under the tank and welded the deflector plate that was bolted to the tank originally to the frame that I built prior to receiving the new tank. It did take about 6 weeks to get the new tank as it had to come from Korea. LS seem to be proactive in redesign when a problem occurs. The new seat suspension is totally different from the old one and seems much stronger. The drawbar has been redesigned also on the later versions so they do listen to complaints and issues and fix the problem promptly.
    A recently discovered issue (not a problem) was that the front tires were mounted 6" wider than the rears. I didnt notice it till I loaded it on the trailer and the front barely fit between the fenders (83") while the rears were 3" narrower on each side. I elected to narrow in the fronts rather than widen the rears. Now everything is set at 77" OD since I dont use it for row crop just mowing and a little garden plot disking, the width is not critical.
    When I bought mine, there were excellent deals on them. I got my 70HP LS for same money as a 50 HP Massey Ferguson. Mine was $35,500 out the door back in 2010 with Heat and AC cab, stereo and FEL. It is a 20F/20R gear version with AG tires which is all they offered at the time in this heavy Utility tractor. I think it comes with a power shift option now.
    I dont know if the prices now are as good as then on not. There wasnt a lot of dealers around back then like there are now. I think they make excellent tractors and will be in the top 3 sellers soon which is what they predicted back 2 years ago. LS had huge financial backing from mother company (LG) and are very diversified rather than just making tractors so I think they will be around when many others have fled the market, ie Bobcat for one.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    LS R4047

I have the R 4047 , I ve got about 70 hours on her. No problems at all . Best bang for the buck by far !
    2012 LS R4047 , FEL , Backhoe, kingkutter finish mower,68 " rachet rake, Titan skidsteer 72" root Grapple, JD 145,JD166 ........Dodge 3500 cummins, Kenworth w900l Cat powered ...

Tractor
    LS G3038H, Kawasaki Mule 3010 Trans Diesel

Just have to say, I can't believe I waited this long to buy my LS.. My LS G3038H has been great. I find new things to do with it every time I get some seat time.. So much better than my old tractor which did not have an FEL, and I was always having to fix something on it due to it's age.. There is something to be said for just being able to get on the Tractor turn the key and get things done.. It's also a bonus that the operation is so easy with the LS, that my wife can also fire it up and move dirt, or shred etc..

Tractor
    LS Tractor, Model R4010

Can't say enough good stuff about mine. I feel great about recommending them to anyone.
    LS Tractor R4010, Loader, 6ft Shredder, Box blade, Sun Shade, Pat's Easy Hitch, PTO Wood Chipper

Tractor
    Ls R4041

I have a 4041 and am still loving it. I use it for my business but also at home. Not so much at home cause we stay pretty busy. It's got me thinking about buying a second one. For the small 8 acres at home. I saved about 4900 going with ls over 2 other bigger brands. I was able to save this much by buying the the bachoe with it. I'm very satisfied!

Tractor
    LS R3039, Power King 1614, Simplicity Soveriegn 75th Aniv model.

I have the R3039 and really like the tractor. It has about 150hrs on it and has only had one small problem with the pto which the dealer promptly fixed. Let us know what you end up with.

Tractor
    LS/R4047

Well gents, I did it. Am the proud owner of a 2012 Ls R4047 S.S.! I also went ahead and purchased the 4 in 1 bucket and a Woods 84" finish mower.

Tractor
    Ls R4041

Congrats! Let us know how she does after some seat time. Pros cons pics whatever you can do!

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    jd 1050 LS I3040H. CASE SC

Great to hear! Let us know how it does.
    LS I3040H w/ loader
    JD 1050 w/ loader and backhoe
    Case SC. 1952

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast