Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    LS G3033H

Default Help starter will not work just hear the solenoid click in and out !!

Any advise ?

Elite Member
    Tractor
    MASSEY, CASE , FARMALL

Default Re: Help starter will not work just hear the solenoid click in and out !!

Low battery?

Elite Member
    Tractor
    MASSEY, CASE , FARMALL

Default Re: Help starter will not work just hear the solenoid click in and out !!

And Welcome to the forum.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    jd 1050 LS I3040H. CASE SC

Welcome to TBN

I second low battery or loose connection then bad starter
    LS I3040H w/ loader
    JD 1050 w/ loader and backhoe
    Case SC. 1952

Elite Member
    Tractor
    MASSEY, CASE , FARMALL

Quote Originally Posted by vwnotrunning View Post
    Welcome to TBN

I second low battery or loose connection then bad starter
    I have had this happen and it ended up being a bad ground to frame. I just wiggled the ground wire and it worked again. Never did fix it properly with a new ground or clean the connection.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    LS G3033H

Charged the battery and still nothing, but have used the machine a lot even had it buried in muck waist deep, I'll ck the ground and hope it works! Thanks

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Your solenoid could be bad also. If you have removed and cleaned all the battery terminals and checked all connections for tightness, charged the battery (check that it isnt still malfunctioning as they occassionally die on the vine so to speak and wont take a charge) then your are left with starter, solenoid or switch problems.
    Recently my B.I.L.'s Dodge truck had battery problems that would do just what yours is doing, jump it and it would crank and check good, then just click next time. It took 2 trips to the dealer to replace the battery and then only after it finally shorted completely and wouldnt charge or click the solenoid. Sometimes batteries develop internal shorts and check normal when the broken terminal is grounded then it short circuits and wont work at all. Short circuits are hard to find expecially intermittent ones.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    LS G3033H

Well all that is left is the solenoid and starter motor, have power to it but it just won't move
    Thanks for the help

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    LS G3033H

Hi all thanks for the help , I got brave and tore apart the starter ! Found the brushes were stuck and not making contact, so after I cleaned the mud out and got the brushes to move again I put everything back together and then using my charger/starter tested it and it worked so I put it back into the tractor and it fired up on the 1st turn !!!!!!!! Thanks again and hope this helps others

Tractor
    2011 LS R3039

Glad to hear you got it running.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast