Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler

Default New R4047H

Rather than clutter up the comparison thread I started, I figured I should start a new thread. So, here she is, and a pretty impressive little beast she is. Yes, I'm already starting on a counterweight (55gal drum with concrete), but I wanted to carefully get an idea what it would do without one. The telephone pole was zero challenge (yes, I went slow, and kept it low because of tipping concerns).

Did I mention I had some garbage to clear out of the new property....this was nothing. Pretty nasty people lived there at some point!

The top of the chicken coop took some time to get just right....it was on the edge of lifting a tire, probably mostly because of size more than sheer weight.

In 2.5hrs I got so much cleared that I am literally amazed...counterweight, toothbar for the bucket, and it'll be time to order up my first big dumpster to fill up!

Tractor

Default Re: New R4047H

I should probably add that I only moved the top of the chicken coop 15 or 20ft...just wanted to see what was under it, and if I could actually lift it. I'll wait until I have the counterweight to move it to the pile I'm building for the dumpster (probably scrap the metal roof along with all the other metal I'm finding).

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Yep, just put some counterweight on the back and these little tractors move a lot of load. My little B26 just amazes me with the lift capacity it gets from just 4000 # total weight. My LS would almost pick that tractor up and likely would easily if I removed the Back hoe since it is rated at 3500# lift.
    I dont know how much the B 26 will lift but I have picked up a pine tree that was at least 30 feet long x 20" at the butt end and put it on top of a burn pile. The wood was pretty dry as it had died during the summer but still thats a lot of weight for such a small tractor as you found out with your 4047. Without any counterweight on the rear of my P7010 it gets really light really fast. I was moving some solid fire wood rounds from down in a little low spot up to where the guy had his truck and we just filled up the bucket with the big full tree rounds (oak) and when I tried to back up a slight incline, it was so light on the rear that I had to shift to 4 WD to back back up that slight slope but had not one bit of trouble lifting it at idle.
    I remember once I had plunged the FEL into a pile of spoils that we had dug out of a dried up pond and the FEL wouldnt raise, so I decided to back out to pull it out of the dirt pile while lifting with the hydraulics. Before I realized what had happened I had the rear wheels about 3 feet off the ground. I carried a knot on my head from hitting the top of the cab when I clutched it and the resulting fall of the rear end. OF course I didnt have the seat belt on.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor

Added a tooth bar....much better digging into the piles of junk I had to load in a rolloff:

Tractor

21 feet of dead Ash tree behind the house....zero challenge: