Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Silver Member

Default Re: LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping

I hate to say this but the best money I ever spent was for a backhoe rental (and experienced operator) to clear out a number of stumps for me - yes in the end it cost me $600.00 but they are all gone and got alot of land levelled as well. To me there are things that a compact should do and then there are other things ...

Tractor
    Kubota B6100 LS R3039H

Default Re: LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping

Quote Originally Posted by TSO View Post
    Thanks Mangus, I guess I'm talking more about ruts in the ground than with traction.

You guys with the 39, in regards to using a stump bucket, talk to me about digging out stumps. How capable is the loader strength when ripping out roots and stumps. Keep in mind, I have a ton of stumps, more than half of them are medium sized and larger. The 40 series has roughly 4300 pounds of breakout force, compared with I think 3400 with the 30 series. Whichever ones are too big to take out, I will grind them down with a 3-point grinder.

Thanks!

Sent from my Motorola Photon using TractorByNet for Android
    Okay, I don't know if you've seen my other threads in regards to my stump bucket and grapple, but I'll tell you that they both work great with this tractor. Now, that being said, if you've got a bunch of really big stumps, rent a backhoe! See my thread "up to my neck in stumps".
    I've dug down a good five foot with my stump bucket, and this one still doesn't want to budge. I've dug out a number of 6' long 16" diameter pine stumps with it, and I can pop out a 6" oak sapling with a stab or two.
    With a grapple I can grab and move piles the size of a car.
    But if you have a large amount of large stumps, and want them out quick, hire an excavator. The 40 or 50 series, aren't up to this chore.
    Randy

Silver Member

Randy - I should have mentioned that time was important to me in my case because of other work I was getting done - it took the backhoe a day and a half to remove two dozen "manitoba" maple stumps which ranged in diameter from 18inches to 3ft. I'd still be there.

Tractor
    Massey 1648 HST Cab

Quote Originally Posted by rwork View Post

Okay, I don't know if you've seen my other threads in regards to my stump bucket and grapple, but I'll tell you that they both work great with this tractor. Now, that being said, if you've got a bunch of really big stumps, rent a backhoe! See my thread "up to my neck in stumps".
    I've dug down a good five foot with my stump bucket, and this one still doesn't want to budge. I've dug out a number of 6' long 16" diameter pine stumps with it, and I can pop out a 6" oak sapling with a stab or two.
    With a grapple I can grab and move piles the size of a car.
    But if you have a large amount of large stumps, and want them out quick, hire an excavator. The 40 or 50 series, aren't up to this chore.
    Randy
    Amen to renting a Backhoe or Excavator.... Was planning to do that anyhow, as some of my stumps are over 30".

I'm just hoping that, over the summer, I can get the majority of my stumps out with a stump bucket, so that when the time comes that I rent a big one, I'll only have the "necessary" stumps remaining.

I'd love a grapple too, but those aren't cheap!

Massey 1648 Cab - Hustler Z Diesel 66" mower
    2007 F450 Crew - 20' PJ Equipt Trailer
    QA 6ft bucket * 5ft Custom Grapple Bucket * QA Forks * 8ft Rhino Back Blade
    7ft Rhino Box Blade * 7ft LandPride Rake * 6.5ft KK HD Box Disc * Middle buster plow
    WorkSaver SG-26 Stump Grinder * Wallenstein BX42s Chipper * 8ft Ford Brush-Mower
    7.5ft QA snow plow (still under construction)

345 flawless hrs @ 11/5/14

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Amen to renting a Backhoe or Excavator.... Was planning to do that anyhow, as some of my stumps are over 30".

I'm just hoping that, over the summer, I can get the majority of my stumps out with a stump bucket, so that when the time comes that I rent a big one, I'll only have the "necessary" stumps remaining.

Any stump you can remove with a 3039 or 4047 would be a one bucket scoop with a large excavator so it might be better time spent working on something else with they tractor. $500 will buy you over 5 hours of excavator time and lots of stump and trees will come down in 5 hours. My vote would be let the excavator do all the stump and tree removal. If you need to hire one anyway, there will be a minimum charge of 5 hours (usual set up fee for dozers, excavators etc) and that might be all you need to take care of all your items.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor

Any stump you can remove with a 3039 or 4047 would be a one bucket scoop with a large excavator so it might be better time spent working on something else with they tractor. $500 will buy you over 5 hours of excavator time and lots of stump and trees will come down in 5 hours. My vote would be let the excavator do all the stump and tree removal. If you need to hire one anyway, there will be a minimum charge of 5 hours (usual set up fee for dozers, excavators etc) and that might be all you need to take care of all your items.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    john deere

Yes , but will they negotiate the hill in front of Carl's house ?

Tractor
    Massey 1648 HST Cab

Quote Originally Posted by kevin37b View Post
    Yes , but will they negotiate the hill in front of Carl's house ?
    ?

Massey 1648 Cab - Hustler Z Diesel 66" mower
    2007 F450 Crew - 20' PJ Equipt Trailer
    QA 6ft bucket * 5ft Custom Grapple Bucket * QA Forks * 8ft Rhino Back Blade
    7ft Rhino Box Blade * 7ft LandPride Rake * 6.5ft KK HD Box Disc * Middle buster plow
    WorkSaver SG-26 Stump Grinder * Wallenstein BX42s Chipper * 8ft Ford Brush-Mower
    7.5ft QA snow plow (still under construction)

345 flawless hrs @ 11/5/14

Tractor

?

???????
    WTF. What hill and which Carl and what couldn't negotiate a hill?

Gold Member
    Tractor
    LS U5030C

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fowler View Post
    ???????
    WTF. What hill and which Carl and what couldn't negotiate a hill?
    Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger kubota
    LS U5030C, International McCormick B-414 Gas

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast