Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Baddest LS P7010C south of Palm Beach County

Default Re: LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping

rear mounted toolbox kit.... I want one... What did it cost.. Item # please

I keep seeing ROPS... What is that

Tractor
    Kubota B6100 LS R3039H

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1369 View Post

Roll Over Protection Structure
    2012 LS R3039H, 6' Howse HD Box Blade, 4' Root Grapple, CID Stump Bucket
    1975 Kubota B6100, Craftsman Garden Tractor, eXMark Lazer Z mower.

Tractor
    Baddest LS P7010C south of Palm Beach County

Default Re: LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping

I'm a retard... I remember reading it in the owners manual.
    Thanks anyways.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler, Case 580 Super M Series 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1369 View Post

Here are the threads where he gives part numbers, prices, and pics:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/l...ox-kit-ls.html

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/l...cessories.html

Tractor
    Massey 1648 HST Cab

Thanks for the input fellas. I'm heading to the dealer on Saturday, that way I'll be able to sit on the Kioti & LS models side-by-side and get a feel for them. Just like GManBart found, the Kioti loader can lift 261 pounds more than the LS loader, and can lift it about 12" higher... BUT the LS loader has about 600 Pounds more of Breakout Force. The Kioti's are about 100 pounds heavier (negligible) and 8" wider; length is about the same, wheelbase is about 5" longer on the Kioti's.

I'm sure it'll all come down to how it feels in the seat tomorrow, and what the final dollar ends up at. I think they are nearly identical in terms of capabilities, quality, size, etc... but that blue sure is purty....

Please continue with anything else that might be helpful tho. Who's got the most trouble-free hours on an LS right now?
    Massey 1648 HST Cab - Hustler Z Diesel 66" mower
    2007 F450 Crew - 20' PJ Equipt Trailer
    QA 6ft bucket * 5ft Custom Grapple Bucket * QA Forks * 8ft Rhino Back Blade
    7ft Rhino Box Blade * 7ft LandPride Rake * 6.5ft KK HD Box Disc * Middle buster plow
    WorkSaver SG-26 Stump Grinder * Wallenstein BX42s Chipper * 8ft Ford Brush-Mower
    7.5ft QA Western snow plow

393 hrs @ 12/30/14

Silver Member
    Tractor
    McCormick CT28

i broke the knuckle that the hyd steering cylinder hooks to. like what others have experienced it was replaced with a much beefier updated part.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Montana R4944, Ford Jubilee, Ford 621, Ford 841

Well my LS is green but it's still an LS. It is a 2009 model R50 LS (R4020 or R4047) and I couldn't be happier with it. The only problem I have had is a bad seal where the front drive shaft leaves the transmission, as a matter of fact it is being fixed right now because the warranty runs out in March.
    Just in case you would be interested I had heard that the 4047 (probably the 4010 also) would be avalable with a cab this year. Not sure if that would interest you but if it does you could ask.
    Montana R4944
    Ford Jubliee, Ford 841, Ford 621 industrial with FEL & BH

Tractor
    2011 LS R4041EZ - 2014 Bad Boy CZT Elite - 1948 Ford 8N

My only gripe is the fact that LS doesn't offer accessories like the toolbox, rops lights, block heater etc. That why I bought them from the NH dealer. I would much rather spend the money with an LS dealer. I did see a Boomer 40 there. It was really stripped down as far as the extras you get standard with the LS. All the little extras that come standard on the LS are options on the Boomer. And yes.. if I had it all to do over again.. I would not change a thing. LS all the way..
    2011 LS R4041EZ - 1948 Ford 8N - 2014 Bad Boy CZT Elite

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Quote Originally Posted by rwork View Post
    Gary, as a footnote, you might be interested to know, I sent a "contact us" email to LS Tractor in regards to updating their website. I actually got a response back from a Kim Heuy, stating that they have some new marketing updates in the works. I was surprised to get the email. Hopefully, the website will get a much needed facelift!
    Randy
    See< I told you they were listening to the complaints. I see this in their continual improvement of the product. Likely much of the design is copied from NH since they originally had the limited partnership many years ago but they are improving on it as they find weakness and fault. Unlike some other companies who I wont mention by name but their initials are MF. They had a good engine (Perkins )but instead of staying with it, they went to a 1950 technology Chinese copy for their CUTs about 5-6 years ago. Good business for profit sense but not too good for the consumer.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    Massey 1648 HST Cab

Well OK... saw a dealer today in Mich that sells both Kioti AND LS tractors. I spent almost an hour going back & forth on the R4047(H) and DK50SE(H). They are both great machines. Here are some of my objective observations between the two:

ENGINE: The LS "Mitsubishi" engine seemed WAY more smooth and refined, was more responsive to throttle adjustments than the Kioti (Daedong) engine. The LS was also much more quiet.
    HST - TRAVELING: The LS seemed more smooth, better HST.
    3-PT and REAR: Not much to say here, splitting hairs really. LS has the dual remotes, BUT Kioti has the rear lift-control. I also like the 3-pt linkage "adjustment" bar better on the Kioti, which is a "Crank" vs the "turn" style on the LS.
    TIRES: LS has the wider R-4 tires, and what seems to be larger front tires.
    LOADER: LS had a smoother and more responsive loader response, and the hydraulics seemed smoother. Visibility was better on the LS, due to the taller (and possibly narrower?) loader arms on the Kioti.
    CABIN-AREA: Definitely more roomy on the Kioti. If the seat on the LS would go backward another 2 or 3 notches, it would be much better. But, it feels more cramped than the Kioti. The Tilt-Column on the Kioti has a much better design; the lever is actually (left) foot activated, just press it (easily) and it unlocks the column. Much better than the LS, which I found pretty stiff and more involved. The F/R Hydro pedals on the LS seemed too close to the operator, which again could be fixed with more backward seat movement. However, because the gas-tank is behind the seat, this probably isn't possible. Then again, putting the tank there makes the forward/down visibility better. I was not a fan of the gear/speed-shifter position on the LS. It felt like the loader control arm should be where the gear-shifter is. Looking at it, I can probably easily shorten the height of that shifter by cutting it down and relocating the knob about 8-10" lower. The Loader Control knob on the LS also feels like it's too far to the right. Looking at it, I may be able to adjust the bracket and move it closer to where the gear-shifter knob is/was. The Kioti has push-button 4x4, LS has a lever. Who cares either way. Everything else about the cabin is pretty much subjective to each person, so those are just my observations. Getting on & off the Kioti was definitely easier though, because of the more open spaced design. Seats were too close to call.
    FIT-&-FINISH: I did not notice any differences in apparent quality between the two. If anything, the LS felt a little more "fresh" than the Kioti; the Kioti felt a bit more utilitarian and industrial.
    OVERALL: Overall I am leaning heavily toward the LS. I think I can adjust some of the cabin issues, and the loader & engine response seemed like a real winner. The LS is also cheaper, plus it's blue

Dealer quoted me the following:

LS R4041H: $20,400
    LS R4047H: $21,750

Kioti DK40SEH: $21,700
    Kioti DK50SEH: $24,600

Question: Is the jump from 41HP to 47HP worth $1350 ??? I'm thinking yes, since "hopefully" this tractor will be around for a long, long time.

Oh, and a couple comparison pics:

-2013-01-26_13-02-59_906-a

-2013-01-26_13-03-07_318-a

-2013-01-26_13-03-17_285-a

-2013-01-26_13-03-32_403-a

-2013-01-26_13-03-40_595-a

-2013-01-26_13-03-49_828-a
    Massey 1648 HST Cab - Hustler Z Diesel 66" mower
    2007 F450 Crew - 20' PJ Equipt Trailer
    QA 6ft bucket * 5ft Custom Grapple Bucket * QA Forks * 8ft Rhino Back Blade
    7ft Rhino Box Blade * 7ft LandPride Rake * 6.5ft KK HD Box Disc * Middle buster plow
    WorkSaver SG-26 Stump Grinder * Wallenstein BX42s Chipper * 8ft Ford Brush-Mower
    7.5ft QA Western snow plow

393 hrs @ 12/30/14

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast