Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Tractor
    LS 4047H

Default Re: LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping

Quote Originally Posted by GManBart View Post
    Ouch....my dealer was at $21,500 for my R4047 Hydro! The 4047 is a Boomer 50 other than decals, grill insert and headlights....and it comes with more standard (2nd remote, rear work light, etc). All the mechanical stuff is identical.
    I don't believe that is too high compared to what you paid. My dealer explained that I need to make a move before to the Tier IV engines begin shipping. He hinted at a price increase as well as the $1,500 increase due to the new Tier IV engine. I really don't want to mess with the DEF fluid either.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler

Default Re: LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping

Quote Originally Posted by Farm4fun View Post
    The New Holland Boomer was quoted to me for $27,750.00 with no remotes, work light and electrical connector.
    OUCH!

That's pushing $30K with dual remotes, rear work light and electrical connector...wow.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler

Quote Originally Posted by Farm4fun View Post
    I don't believe that is too high compared to what you paid. My dealer explained that I need to make a move before to the Tier IV engines begin shipping. He hinted at a price increase as well as the $1,500 increase due to the new Tier IV engine. I really don't want to mess with the DEF fluid either.
    Mine was delivered two weeks ago, so there was the same pressure of beating Tier 4 and possible price increases. There was a recent discussion about Tier 4 and LS, and people reported what their dealer told them, and it was all over the map. Some said it was going to be a minimal change, up to some saying a 10% increase....so the $1500 jump they quoted is pure speculation. My dealer said they're shipping enough Tier 3 models that there shouldn't be any issue getting one through the end of the first quarter, but predicted a 10% price jump with Tier 4.

There are definitely regional price differences, but you're only like 240mi away, and closer to the distributor, so shipping should be even less, which makes the price they quoted on the high side. I shouldn't be able to buy a Hyro for what you're paying for a gear model...just sayin'. R,

Tractor
    Massey 1648 HST Cab

Well, went to the dealership again today to take turns playing on the 3039 & 4041. I feel that the 39 is a better fit for me. The loader capacity is still fantastic, substantially better visibility at the front, it's about 14" shorter so I can maneuver it better, I prefer the location of the range shifter & 4x4 shifter, and call me crazy but I'm pretty sure the operators position is actually a fraction larger! It will still handle 6' implements and won't tear up my ground quite as much. It's also a bit cheaper which is always a plus.

Now just waiting for his best offer on the price & my trade.

Any of you with the 39 put bigger or wider tires on the front?

Sent from my Motorola Photon using TractorByNet for Android
    Massey 1648 Cab - Hustler Z Diesel 66" ZT mower
    2007 F-450 Crew - 20' PJ Equipment Trailer
    QA 6ft bucket * 5ft Custom Grapple Bucket * QA Forks * 8ft Rhino Back Blade
    7ft Rhino Box Blade * 7ft LandPride Rake * 6.5ft KK HD Box Disc * Middle buster plow
    WorkSaver SG-26 Stump Grinder * Wallenstein BX42s Chipper * 8ft Ford Brush-Mower
    7.5ft Western QA snow plow (still under construction)

315 hrs @ 10/13/04

Tractor
    Kubota B6100 LS R3039H

Quote Originally Posted by TSO View Post
    Well, went to the dealership again today to take turns playing on the 3039 & 4041. I feel that the 39 is a better fit for me. The loader capacity is still fantastic, substantially better visibility at the front, it's about 14" shorter so I can maneuver it better, I prefer the location of the range shifter & 4x4 shifter, and call me crazy but I'm pretty sure the operators position is actually a fraction larger! It will still handle 6' implements and won't tear up my ground quite as much. It's also a bit cheaper which is always a plus.

Now just waiting for his best offer on the price & my trade.

Any of you with the 39 put bigger or wider tires on the front?

Nope, mine are fine just like they are. Like I mentioned earlier, based on my needs, this is the perfect size........no regrets!

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

It is very hard to change size of tires on the tractors with 4 WD since you have to match the OD for the gear ratio to work. You would have to change both front and rear. If you think you may want bigger tires, now is the time to try to get them. Maybe, just maybe, the dealer can special order one for you with larger tires without much of a price increase. It will cost you thousands of $$$ to try to change them later. I don't even know if that is an option. Likely the tires on it are plenty large enough. R4 are wider than AG and give more floatation. Now is the time to decide on type of tires also whether Ag, Industrial or turf as you cant change the later without buying new rims and all 4 tires. I assume you already know this though since you have a Kioti CK20, but many of the readers likely don't so I thought I would mention it.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    Massey 1648 HST Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fowler View Post
    It is very hard to change size of tires on the tractors with 4 WD since you have to match the OD for the gear ratio to work. You would have to change both front and rear. If you think you may want bigger tires, now is the time to try to get them. Maybe, just maybe, the dealer can special order one for you with larger tires without much of a price increase. It will cost you thousands of $$$ to try to change them later. I don't even know if that is an option. Likely the tires on it are plenty large enough. R4 are wider than AG and give more floatation. Now is the time to decide on type of tires also whether Ag, Industrial or turf as you cant change the later without buying new rims and all 4 tires. I assume you already know this though since you have a Kioti CK20, but many of the readers likely don't so I thought I would mention it.
    Thanks Gary... Hadn't thought of the gearing. Definitely going with R4's, just thought a wider front would help it float a bit better. The 40 series jumps up to some nice beefy, wide fronts.

7ft Rhino Box Blade * 7ft LandPride Rake * 6.5ft KK HD Box Disc * Middle buster plow
    WorkSaver SG-26 Stump Grinder * Wallenstein BX42s Chipper * 8ft Ford Brush-Mower

315 hrs @ 10/13/04

Tractor
    Bolens (Iseki) H1502; LS R3039

Having just come in from playing in the muddy, snowy, watery slopply mess outside with mine... I am pretty **** impressed with how well it does. I only used the diff lock once, and that was because I dug myself in a little hole trying to dig a small tree out.

Thanks Gary... Hadn't thought of the gearing. Definitely going with R4's, just thought a wider front would help it float a bit better. The 40 series jumps up to some nice beefy, wide fronts.

Tractor
    Massey 1648 HST Cab

Thanks Mangus, I guess I'm talking more about ruts in the ground than with traction.

You guys with the 39, in regards to using a stump bucket, talk to me about digging out stumps. How capable is the loader strength when ripping out roots and stumps. Keep in mind, I have a ton of stumps, more than half of them are medium sized and larger. The 40 series has roughly 4300 pounds of breakout force, compared with I think 3400 with the 30 series. Whichever ones are too big to take out, I will grind them down with a 3-point grinder.

Thanks!

315 hrs @ 10/13/04

Tractor
    Bolens (Iseki) H1502; LS R3039

Ahh... in that case.... I should mention how sloppy slimey the yard is, and havent really left a print on it. Granted, I am sure it would make a HUGE mess if it were to lose traction, but it seems to be doing quite fine so far. The rain has probably washed away my tracks on the hill, or I would take a picture tomorrow for you of where I drove with it.

Thanks Mangus, I guess I'm talking more about ruts in the ground than with traction.

You guys with the 39, in regards to using a stump bucket, talk to me about digging out stumps. How capable is the loader strength when ripping out roots and stumps. Keep in mind, I have a ton of stumps, more than half of them are medium sized and larger. The 40 series has roughly 4300 pounds of breakout force, compared with I think 3400 with the 30 series. Whichever ones are too big to take out, I will grind them down with a 3-point grinder.

Thanks!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast