Loader Connections

/ Loader Connections #1  

mangus580

Gold Member
Tractor
Bolens (Iseki) H1502; LS R3039
Just looking at pics of other R3039's, and i notice some with the quick couplers for the loader down on the valve body. Mine are up on the loader arm. leaving the hoses on the tractor when the loader is removed...

Did my dealer do it backwards? The one guy at the dealership I asked about it when I was test driving, suggested it was so you didnt have to bend down to do the connections....

thoughts?

/ Loader Connections #2  
Mine are located on the loader arms as well. I prefer them there as opposed to being located under the operator platform.
1. You can easily reach them.
2. They won't be subject to getting loaded with dirt/grit.

/ Loader Connections #3  
I believe there was a recall on all the r models a few years ago that moved the quickies up top. If I recall.. there were complaints of them disconnecting when bumped by brush/ debris. Mines up top too..

/ Loader Connections
That might explain it, as I think it was JoeMD's purchase pictures I was looking at with them mounted down below, and that was sometime in 2011...

Was just a curiosity since I had seen them both ways.

I believe there was a recall on all the r models a few years ago that moved the quickies up top. If I recall.. there were complaints of them disconnecting when bumped by brush/ debris. Mines up top too..

/ Loader Connections #5  
If you remove the FEL (something I have never done as I use it all the time) where do you put the loose hoses if there is a section still attached to the tractor. It looks to me like it should be a clean break when the FEL is off, there should only be the QD fitting left on the tractor. It sound like you guys are saying that there will be a short section of hose still attached the controls joystick. ON my P7010C it all breaks at a block under the tractor. All the lines come in from the joystick controller to this distribution block and everything plugs in there for the FEL with color coded rubber plugs for each component so you know how to put it back on correctly.

/ Loader Connections #6  
I went back to the delivery photo of your tractor and can see the distribution block under the tractor and the 4-5 feet of hose up to the top of the FEL lift arms where the QD fittings are. Ask the dealer what happens when you unhook the loader with all that loose hose, unless there is an obvious disconnect point underneath not showing in the photo. It wouldnt be an issue for me as I dont remove mine, but lots of folks do.
Edit: After looking at your photo again, it looks like you may just leave them hanging over the subframe part that stays on the tractor. Might have to use some bungee cords to bundle them together.

/ Loader Connections
Yeah, the one guy I was talking with at the dealer about it, said you just tie them to the loader mount thats left behind. Seems to be an annoying feature, but as boomer suggested, having the QDs under the floor may have its own set of issues.

For as much as I will have the loader off, it shouldnt be a problem. Only time I really anticipate taking it off, is for maintenance. Just to make it easier to get under the hood.

/ Loader Connections #8  
I went back to the delivery photo of your tractor and can see the distribution block under the tractor and the 4-5 feet of hose up to the top of the FEL lift arms where the QD fittings are. Ask the dealer what happens when you unhook the loader with all that loose hose, unless there is an obvious disconnect point underneath not showing in the photo. It wouldnt be an issue for me as I dont remove mine, but lots of folks do.
Edit: After looking at your photo again, it looks like you may just leave them hanging over the subframe part that stays on the tractor. Might have to use some bungee cords to bundle them together.

My hoses are held together from the distribution valve up to the loader arm, inside the fabric sleeve. It is secured to the loader mount, so there isn't a lot to "hang".

/ Loader Connections #9  
I can see the issue with low ground clearance on those tractors. With mine under the tractor in almost the same spot as yours, when I am kneeling down, they are about eyeball height. Much better ground clearance as they are above the front axle level. I redid my hoses after I yanked on of them off with the front wheel. NOW they leave the distribution block, make a 90 degree bend and lay up against the Cab glass then up and over the big round FEL support (same design as on the smaller tractors). Dealer had them routed straight from the block then under and in front of the big round support then up. Same distance to get to the ridgid lines on the loader but right in the way of the tire when turned sharp.

/ Loader Connections #10  
On mine, when I've got the FEL off , I loop them over the FEL mount and a short bungee to keep them there.