Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere and Case

Default Re: Up To My Neck In Stumps!!

Now I was thinking just yesterday that no one hated stumps more than me !

Tractor
    LS G3038H, Kawasaki Mule 3010 Trans Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by Guesseral View Post
    Oh just pile it up with other wood get some beer and invite your friends over for a bond fire she'll burn right down into the earth. Of course you should level it out around there if there is beer involved!
    Now that's the way I would handle it!! Nothing like a good bonfire.. Just add music and it's a party!!

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Montana R4944, Ford Jubilee, Ford 621, Ford 841

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDogTx View Post
    Now that's the way I would handle it!! Nothing like a good bonfire.. Just add music and it's a party!!
    Yea and as long as there are people there having a bond fire is legal because you are not just burning brush at least where I live. Man I hate rules and regulations, but and time I want to get rid of brush or branches I pile them up and invite people over. Now that I typed it out it doesn't sound that bad!
    Montana R4944
    Ford Jubliee, Ford 841, Ford 621 industrial with FEL & BH

Tractor
    LS G3038H, Kawasaki Mule 3010 Trans Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by Guesseral View Post
    Yea and as long as there are people there having a bond fire is legal because you are not just burning brush at least where I live. Man I hate rules and regulations, but and time I want to get rid of brush or branches I pile them up and invite people over. Now that I typed it out it doesn't sound that bad!
    Yep.. Govuhmunt rules and regulations are a pain in the neck.. Down here bonfires are definitely a social occasion! Get the music going fire up the pile and bring your coolers.. That's just good ol' fun for sure..

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Quote Originally Posted by rwork View Post
    In case you didn't notice, I'm standing in the hole, and that's the stump my arm is resting on. I'm guess there's another three foot still underground!
    I cant tell from the photo, but it looks like you only dug deep on one side and kinda shallow on two sides. WHAT about the back side. I bet if you dig around the whole thing cutting those big stabilizing roots, you can get it out. When I am digging with my back hoe, stumps will remain unshakeable till I get that last root cut and then they will just lift right out. I never have to cut the tap root. Once I get all the side roots cut, I can wiggle it back and forth enough to loosen it up. The tap roots just keep tapering down to nothing so they are easy to lift up once you get all those others cut. One 2" diameter root will hold more than your tractor will lift and sometimes more than my backhoe bucket can break /cut when I hook under them. That's the challenge of stump digging and I love a good challenge.
    Last edited by Gary Fowler; 01-30-2013 at 11:17 AM.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12