Random 3039 Questions....

/ Random 3039 Questions.... #1  

mangus580

Gold Member
Tractor
Bolens (Iseki) H1502; LS R3039
Reading through the manual... and noticing a few things.

It shows an indicator for the Diff lock and fuel filter warning. Do either of these actually work?

Also I notice that the dash actually has 4x4 indicators and such. While I know they arent wired up, does anyone know if the LED is actually in there waiting for a connection? It would be nice to add a switch and provide power to that light if its there.

When poking around the dash, I noticed a little hook bracket, that appears to be there to hold the clutch pedal down? Why might one want such a thing??

Are the front wheels an 'overdrive' system? Or are they matched evenly for speed with the rear tires?

I noticed a random wire connection behind the 3pt/hydraulic controls.... not connected to anything. Is this a spare part of the harness when the tractor is HST, and has a connection to the seat?

I notice the ROPS has a couple of small 'set screw' type bolts on it. Are these to prevent it from rattling? Would it be ok to leave them and the larger bolts slightly loose to allow for easier folding?

Is the idle speed really supposed to be 1000 RPM? Seems kind of high to me!

Has anyone considered replacing the 'trailer plug' on the back, with a standard 7 pin RV style plug?

/ Random 3039 Questions.... #2  
The diff lock light and 4x4 light do not work on my R3039. When I asked my dealer he said they do not work. To the best of my knowledge the front wheels are not an overdrive. Mine idles just under 1000.

/ Random 3039 Questions.... #3  
Can't say that I've ever noticed the 4x4 or diff lock light on mine, either. Idle is at 1000 rpm. And the HST does have a seat safety switch.

/ Random 3039 Questions.... #4  
Forgot to mention, i don't have a clutch, but the pedal latch is so that you can disengage the clutch for long periods of storage, to prevent the clutch discs from sticking together.

/ Random 3039 Questions.... #5  
Reading through the manual... and noticing a few things.

It shows an indicator for the Diff lock and fuel filter warning. Do either of these actually work?

Also I notice that the dash actually has 4x4 indicators and such. While I know they arent wired up, does anyone know if the LED is actually in there waiting for a connection? It would be nice to add a switch and provide power to that light if its there.

When poking around the dash, I noticed a little hook bracket, that appears to be there to hold the clutch pedal down? Why might one want such a thing??

Are the front wheels an 'overdrive' system? Or are they matched evenly for speed with the rear tires?

I noticed a random wire connection behind the 3pt/hydraulic controls.... not connected to anything. Is this a spare part of the harness when the tractor is HST, and has a connection to the seat?

I notice the ROPS has a couple of small 'set screw' type bolts on it. Are these to prevent it from rattling? Would it be ok to leave them and the larger bolts slightly loose to allow for easier folding?

Is the idle speed really supposed to be 1000 RPM? Seems kind of high to me!

Has anyone considered replacing the 'trailer plug' on the back, with a standard 7 pin RV style plug?

They likely use the same dash panel for all their tractors.
My 7010, diff. lock light works,
my 4x4 light works,
also has the water in fuel light but I have never seen it on thankfully,
it has the 7 pin RV style plug on the back.
Idle speeds vary by engine a bit, but 900 to 1000 is pretty standard for a diesel.
All 4 wd tractors are supposed to be just a bit faster in the front but by up to 5% but I have never checked mine by marking and driving to verify. Front tires do wear faster than rear though.
Safety to the seat would be on all the tractors without a cab I would think. MY P7010 doesn't have a seat safety, thankfully. Only safeties are on the clutch and PTO switch.
Someone posted about the wire and their dealer said it was for a mini fridge that can be installed on the larger tractors although mine is the largest frame size they make and wouldn't know where to put a fridge unless it was really small like coffee can sized. All this makes me think that the same dash and same wiring harness is used on all the tractors. When you think about it, most all of them have the same lights, glow plugs etc so it would only make sense to make a wiring harness for all the accessories and largest to smallest tractors. I guess they would make it long enough to reach to larger tractors and just coil the excess somewhere on the smaller sized ones.
MAYBE NOT, but could be.