Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    TSO
    TSO is offline
    Veteran Member TSO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,536
    Location
    SouthEast Michigan
    Tractor
    Massey 1648 HST Cab

    Default Re: Talk me into either a R3039H or a R4041H !!!

    Ok... decided finally on the R4041 Shuttle. Should be picking it up tomorrow sometime. Weight / Tow Capacity ratings be damned!
    Thanks for the input fellas.
    Massey 1648 HST Cab
    Previous: LS R4041/4047 & Kioti CK20S

    QA 72'' bucket * 60" Custom Grapple Bucket * QA Forks * 8' HD Back Blade * 84" HD Box Blade
    72'' Rake * WorkSaver SG-26 Stump Grinder * Middle buster plow * Wallenstein BX42s PTO Chipper
    Hustler Z Diesel 66" ZTR mower (25 hp Shibaura diesel)
    20' PJ Equipment Hauler/Trailer
    2008 F250 Crew V10 4x4



  2. #22
    Platinum Member rwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    524
    Location
    Mississippi Gulf Coast
    Tractor
    Kubota B6100 LS R3039H

    Default Re: Talk me into either a R3039H or a R4041H !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by TSO View Post
    Ok... decided finally on the R4041 Shuttle. Should be picking it up tomorrow sometime. Weight / Tow Capacity ratings be damned!
    Thanks for the input fellas.
    I know you'll be pleased. Betcha can't wait!
    Randy

  3. #23
    Veteran Member GManBart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,245
    Location
    Belleville, MI
    Tractor
    Ford 8N, LS R4047H, Massey Ferguson 241, Hustler Sport ZTR

    Default Re: Talk me into either a R3039H or a R4041H !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by TSO View Post
    Ok... decided finally on the R4041 Shuttle. Should be picking it up tomorrow sometime. Weight / Tow Capacity ratings be damned!
    Thanks for the input fellas.
    Cool....you won't be disappointed!

  4. #24
    TSO
    TSO is offline
    Veteran Member TSO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,536
    Location
    SouthEast Michigan
    Tractor
    Massey 1648 HST Cab

    Default

    On the way home now.

    Talk me into either a R3039H or a R4041H !!!-forumrunner_20130206_143321.png

    Sent from my Motorola Photon using TractorByNet for Android
    Massey 1648 HST Cab
    Previous: LS R4041/4047 & Kioti CK20S

    QA 72'' bucket * 60" Custom Grapple Bucket * QA Forks * 8' HD Back Blade * 84" HD Box Blade
    72'' Rake * WorkSaver SG-26 Stump Grinder * Middle buster plow * Wallenstein BX42s PTO Chipper
    Hustler Z Diesel 66" ZTR mower (25 hp Shibaura diesel)
    20' PJ Equipment Hauler/Trailer
    2008 F250 Crew V10 4x4



  5. #25
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,001
    Location
    Erie Pa.
    Tractor
    Montana R4944, Ford Jubilee, Ford 621, Ford 841

    Default Re: Talk me into either a R3039H or a R4041H !!!

    Look it got smaller already!

    Congradulations! Nice!
    Montana R4944
    Ford Jubliee, Ford 841, Ford 621 industrial with FEL & BH

  6. #26
    Veteran Member GManBart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,245
    Location
    Belleville, MI
    Tractor
    Ford 8N, LS R4047H, Massey Ferguson 241, Hustler Sport ZTR

    Default Re: Talk me into either a R3039H or a R4041H !!!

    Congrats...go get it dirty!

  7. #27
    Super Member Gary Fowler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,519
    Location
    Bismarck Arkansas
    Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

    Default Re: Talk me into either a R3039H or a R4041H !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by GManBart View Post
    After spending 6hrs running my R4047H today, I'm not kidding when I say that I can easily see being able to utilize something even two steps bigger without much trouble! I'm getting a ton of work done, but there have been a number of times when I'm lifting/digging something out, and the loader can't lift any more, and the tractor can't move forward any more....tapped out! For the minimal price increase, I'd go for the extra 6HP and Hydro. I'm doing a lot of FEL work (loading rolloff dumpsters, and moving trees) and it makes a huge difference being able to instantly switch from forward to reverse, and back again. Over 31 hours on the ticker in three weekends.
    Regardless of the size of tractor you have, you will always find a time when it cant lift any more or cant push any more. The larger we get the more we expect it to do and they do that to an extent, but us humans are incapable of being satisfied with what we have and always want to do more. I would bet money that those guy running the big strip mine dozers with a thousand HP want more and the guy driving the big dump truck want more power and bigger load which is why manufacturers are constantly building bigger and bigger. If you are a builder, you want to build taller, if farmer you want to grow more per acre. The only person that doesn't want to do more is a welder: he can be happy just to sit around all day BS'ing with his buddies talking trash as making 100 welds. You wont find him wanting a bigger electrode holder but he will be complaining if it is big and heavy.
    I find myself lots of times where the P 7010 wont pick up what I want or wont push over a tree that I want to push over. Just human nature to push our machines past the max.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp CC AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

  8. #28
    Veteran Member GManBart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,245
    Location
    Belleville, MI
    Tractor
    Ford 8N, LS R4047H, Massey Ferguson 241, Hustler Sport ZTR

    Default Re: Talk me into either a R3039H or a R4041H !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fowler View Post
    Regardless of the size of tractor you have, you will always find a time when it cant lift any more or cant push any more. The larger we get the more we expect it to do and they do that to an extent, but us humans are incapable of being satisfied with what we have and always want to do more. I would bet money that those guy running the big strip mine dozers with a thousand HP want more and the guy driving the big dump truck want more power and bigger load which is why manufacturers are constantly building bigger and bigger. If you are a builder, you want to build taller, if farmer you want to grow more per acre. The only person that doesn't want to do more is a welder: he can be happy just to sit around all day BS'ing with his buddies talking trash as making 100 welds. You wont find him wanting a bigger electrode holder but he will be complaining if it is big and heavy.
    I find myself lots of times where the P 7010 wont pick up what I want or wont push over a tree that I want to push over. Just human nature to push our machines past the max.
    Stop talking reason....I'm planning future justification for something I haven't even thought of just yet

  9. #29
    Super Member Gary Fowler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,519
    Location
    Bismarck Arkansas
    Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

    Default Re: Talk me into either a R3039H or a R4041H !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by GManBart View Post
    Stop talking reason....I'm planning future justification for something I haven't even thought of just yet
    Hey all you have to do it justify it in your own mind or in SWMBO's mind if you are married whether the reasoning is true or flawed makes no difference as long as you can justify the need OR WANT>
    The reason I got the P7010 was simple mathematics. I had a budget and it fit so bigger is better right. Well up to a point then I needed smaller and I had the budget for small so I got a kubota B26 to compliment the almost 3 times bigger in HP LS . What is really amazing is that for buying new, the cost for my smaller TLB cost more than my big one by several thousand bucks. Luckily a good TBN member turned me on to this used one or I would have missed out on just how good a 26 HP TLB is to run.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp CC AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. PICTURES OF MY NEW LS R3039H
    By RAYJAY in forum LS Tractors
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-08-2012, 07:52 PM
  2. LS R3039H
    By rwork in forum LS Tractors
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-16-2012, 05:03 PM
  3. Comparison Kubota L3540 vs. LS R4041H
    By TULLY2TH in forum LS Tractors
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-23-2012, 10:49 PM
  4. Comparison Kubota L3540HST vs. LS R4041H
    By TULLY2TH in forum Kubota Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-09-2012, 10:10 PM
  5. Comparison Kubota L3540HST vs. LS R4041H
    By TULLY2TH in forum Buying/Pricing/Comparisons
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-05-2012, 05:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2013 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.