Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Default Re: My R3039 Mods

Quote Originally Posted by mangus580 View Post
    For the hooks, and the front 2 bolts on the hitch, I used 1/2" x 3" Grade 8. The rear 2 bolts on the hitch, I used 2 of the bolts that came with Kens hooks.

Be warned when you drill... that the weld is centered front to back in the bottom of the tube. I learned the hard way!

My original plan, was to drill/tap the top hole, thread the bolt into it from the bottom up, creating a stud for the hook plate, then drop plate on, and put nut over it. I opted against it, because the nuts were too tall, and would have interfered with the chain and hook.

I know Ken urges against clamping the tube like this, but the LS tubes look pretty thick, and I couldnt see any other way of doing it that I would have been happy with.

Like my buddy says... if the hooks start to get loose, you know you lifted something too heavy!! LOL
    If you are worrying about crushing the tubing, why not put a piece of wide flatbar 4" (wide enough to span the width of the hooks mounting bolts)x 1/4" thick the width of the FEL tubing underneath like a giant double washer that catches both bolts . If it extends to both edges, it would quadruple the strength of the bolted joint. For the receiver hitch maybe use 2 separate bars for each side.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    Bolens (Iseki) H1502; LS R3039

The major issue with making your own tube, is most square tubing has the weld to contend with. When making receiver hitches, you have to remove the weld for the hitch to slide into it.

In regards to the strength of the bucket tube, I am not that concerned, I do not think its going to be an issue honestly. I really think that if it were going to 'crush in' the bottom.... It would 'pull out' the top if it were just welded on. (if that makes sense!)

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fowler View Post
    I looked at all the receiver tubes and HF does have just a plain 12" long tube with nothing on it other than the little reinforcement ring at the end but at $13 sounds like a fellow could do better just buying the stock tubing and making them himself if in the market to sell them. I don't have a clue as to how much 2x2x1/4 tubing cost per foot though, and then you have to cut to length, cut the 2.5 tubing for the reinforcement at the end, drill the hole for the pin. Maybe $13 isn't too bad after all.
    It looks like the 3500# would fit nicely on a FEL and plenty strong for a CUT.

Tractor
    LS S3010

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fowler View Post
    I looked at all the receiver tubes and HF does have just a plain 12" long tube with nothing on it other than the little reinforcement ring at the end but at $13 sounds like a fellow could do better just buying the stock tubing and making them himself if in the market to sell them. I don't have a clue as to how much 2x2x1/4 tubing cost per foot though, and then you have to cut to length, cut the 2.5 tubing for the reinforcement at the end, drill the hole for the pin. Maybe $13 isn't too bad after all.
    It looks like the 3500# would fit nicely on a FEL and plenty strong for a CUT.
    The HF 12" receiver tube is the one in this pic:

Attachment 228918

Also got the hook you see in it (and the pin as well) from HF. Plus you can find their 20% off coupons almost everywhere you look. This one is good till the end of the month:

-20off912-aff17549-jpg
    Lil' Blue
    ------------------
    LS Tractor S3010 w/FEL
    Ag-Meier Mohawk Brave 5' cutter
    Armstrong Ag BB05-Std 5' Box Blade
    TSC CountyLine Middle Buster
    WildKat 48" Single Cyl Grapple
    Versatech 42" Pallet Forks
    A "no name" Stump Bucket that works really well

Tractor

Finished up the wiring for the light.

Here is a shot of the solenoid and fuse I used at the battery. This is triggered from the key, and feeds a 6 fuse fusebox I put under the dash ziptie mounted to the factory fusebox. (forgot to get a pic of that...)

-2013-02-13-12-52-a

And here is the switch mounted in the dash.

-2013-02-13-13-00-a

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Here is the receiver I bought...

3500 Lb. Step Bumper Receiver

They also have this one, which has a wider mounting plate (may be better for bigger tractors)

5000 Lb. Step Bumper Receiver

I also plan to pick one of these up on my next visit to keep in it I think...

D-Ring Receiver Hitch

Kenny, the trick to finding them is to type 'receiver' into the search...
    There is no way I can compete with that. I talked with my metal supplier today- they have seamless tubing made for this use, but by the time you buy it, cut it, drill it, weld it to a plate, then paint it I couldn't even do it for twice that amount. I also talked with the supplier of the hooks I use and they don't carry anything like it either.

Sorry guys, Horrible Fright it is if you want a bolt on receiver hitch.
    Last edited by kennyd; 02-13-2013 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Spelling
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Montana R4944, Ford Jubilee, Ford 621, Ford 841

Finished up the wiring for the light.

Here is a shot of the solenoid and fuse I used at the battery. This is triggered from the key, and feeds a 6 fuse fusebox I put under the dash ziptie mounted to the factory fusebox. (forgot to get a pic of that...)

-2013-02-13-12-52-a

And here is the switch mounted in the dash.

-2013-02-13-13-00-a
    I am working on wiring and plumbing for a grapple and I used a spare fuse in the fuse block. I followed the wire from the rear of the fuse block in the wiring harness and it ended in a plug-in to the next assemble the wire just didn't exist in the next assemble only a blank opening. The plug end with the wire in it was a female and the other side was blank, so a crimped a staycon to the end of a wire and pushed it into the blank side it snapped in so I plugged the two ends to gether and walla instant wiring.
    Montana R4944
    Ford Jubliee, Ford 841, Ford 621 industrial with FEL & BH

Veteran Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by kennyd View Post
    There is no way I can compete with that. I talked with my metal supplier today- they have seamless tubing made for this use, but by the time you buy it, cut it, drill it, weld it to a plate, then paint it I couldn't even do it for twice that amount. I also talked with the supplier of the hooks I use and they don't carry anything like it either.

Sorry guys, Horible Fright it is if you want a bolt on reciever hitch.
    Horible Fright............now that's funny I don't care who you are!
    Montana R4944

Tractor

I looked for one to do this with on mine, but could not locate one. What I did find, is the fuse marked 'Spare' is fully connected, and seems to control brake lights....

Veteran Member
    Tractor

I looked for one to do this with on mine, but could not locate one. What I did find, is the fuse marked 'Spare' is fully connected, and seems to control brake lights....
    No the one marked spare in mine worked out just right. I love it when a plan comes together, because they so seldomly do!
    Montana R4944

Tractor
    LS G3038H

Quote Originally Posted by Guesseral View Post
    Horible Fright............now that's funny I don't care who you are!
    Agreed.. My last experience with them would qualify.. Their customer Service is horrible..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast