Fuel gauge issues

/ Fuel gauge issues #1  

mangus580

Gold Member
Tractor
Bolens (Iseki) H1502; LS R3039
Well, I ran out of fuel already!!! Hard to believe I have already put close to 16 hours on it!

Also hard to believe I ran out of fuel... :confused:

2013-02-13 13.48.37.jpg

I will be contacting the dealer.... Sorry, but this just aint right!!

/ Fuel gauge issues #2  
Float is probabley stuck!

/ Fuel gauge issues #3  
Sorry to see that. Not sure about the other LS models but the R series models are notorious for being inaccurate. It has been discussed here before. My 4041 is living proof albeit not as bad as yours. When mine hits 1/4 tank I start making my way to the fuel depot.. Luckily I haven't run dry yet.

/ Fuel gauge issues #4  
Some Kubota L2800 has the same problem.

/ Fuel gauge issues #5  
Mine is opposite, it shows empty when it still has about 1/8 of a tank so it is pretty accurate. I would much rather it show less than actual than the other way around. No way should it show 1/4 or more and run dry. New sensor time.

/ Fuel gauge issues #6  
Mine is opposite, it shows empty when it still has about 1/8 of a tank so it is pretty accurate. I would much rather it show less than actual than the other way around. No way should it show 1/4 or more and run dry. New sensor time.

X2 on that mine is the same.

/ Fuel gauge issues
Just got off the phone with the dealer, he said they have seen it before, and what happens is the float hits the side of the tank and doesnt drop all the way.

He is sending one of his guys over this afternoon to fix it.

Still a little shocked I ran it dry at roughly 16 hours of LIGHT use!

/ Fuel gauge issues #8  
Fuel consumption sounds about right. Roughly 1.5 hrs runtime per gallon.

/ Fuel gauge issues
Fuel consumption sounds about right. Roughly 1.5 hrs runtime per gallon.

Thanks!

So he came and pulled the sensor, messed with it for about 5 minutes, and decided he is ordering a new one. He said he didnt like how it was behaving in the bottom range of motion.

/ Fuel gauge issues #10  
Just got off the phone with the dealer, he said they have seen it before, and what happens is the float hits the side of the tank and doesnt drop all the way.

He is sending one of his guys over this afternoon to fix it.

Still a little shocked I ran it dry at roughly 16 hours of LIGHT use!
Specs say tank holds 8.3 gallon and did you have it completely full. About 2 gallons per hour doesn't sound bad for a near 40 HP engine.