ls dealer

/ ls dealer #31  
Thanks for the info. Weather permitting, I'll pull the pin, clean and examine it, and see if it's showing any wear. I'm sure it would be easy enough to replace a pin, but I'm not sure how I could remedy wear in the pin boss. And when you refer to the "boss", I'm assuming that's the hole the pin passes through?
Randy

/ ls dealer
Yes Randy the boss is the part that the pin passes through,it is just a short length of drawn over mandrel heavy wall tubeing weided to the boom.Sometime they are fitted with a bushing,but I am sure the loader on a 3039 has no bushing. Also I said to turn the pin 90 degrees, that was wrong,I should of said 180. How many hours on your tractor? A 3039 could not have to many hours on it to wear a pin 1/8". Is this a bucket pin? Also are you using a good grease or just a EP grease? I like a grease with 3% moly. We use Phillips Conoco Megaplex3%. This is a grease for heavy equipment use and is designed for pins and bushigs. Dont waist your money on the 5%, it is not needed it is used for rock hammers and minning equipment.Hope that helps.

/ ls dealer #33  
hi Ty,:welcome:

my tractor is from Hanson also, great dealer, great service,

Jeff

/ ls dealer #34  
Okay, after taking a real close look at my loader today, the movement is not at the pins. It's actually a bit of movement of the loader in the mounting cradle. I watched it real close and there's actually maybe a 1/16th of an inch of movement of the loader in the mount. Is this within tolerance? I"ve never actually had my loader off. BTW, I've only got 110 hrs on my tractor.
Randy

/ ls dealer
Randy,
There is always play in the cradle or bearing box you described, I would watch that it dose not get worse. There is a lot of leverage at that point,so alittle play seems like a lot. Also there was a thread I think Gary Fowler posted about his loader mount bolts,it is always good to check these. I would check them and take a close look to see if any of the lock washers are cracked and open. This happens some times when mounting a loader when they spin the bolt with a air wrench and let the nut spin. We check for this as a new machine during PDI,and when the tractor comes back for its 50 hr service.

/ ls dealer #36  
Randy,
There is always play in the cradle or bearing box you described, I would watch that it dose not get worse. There is a lot of leverage at that point,so alittle play seems like a lot. Also there was a thread I think Gary Fowler posted about his loader mount bolts,it is always good to check these. I would check them and take a close look to see if any of the lock washers are cracked and open. This happens some times when mounting a loader when they spin the bolt with a air wrench and let the nut spin. We check for this as a new machine during PDI,and when the tractor comes back for its 50 hr service.

Thank you for your input. I try to keep an eye on all of my undercarriage mounting bolts.
We certainly do appreciate your presence here on the fourm!
Randy

/ ls dealer #37  
Randy,
I just posted about the steering hub to axle mounting bolts that were all loose on my 7010 and was wondering if you had heard of any other issues with these bolts loosening off. This was the second time I had to tighten them. I am going back with all new 10.9 grade bolts with a special 2 piece lock washer for high vibration areas so they should stay tight now (I HOPE)

/ ls dealer
I haven't had any problems with the P series,But I do have a bulletin for the R series on the bolts for the king pin housing.They wanted us dealers to check during PDI that the bolts where tight. I had no tractors with this problem but LS had a concern about them and sent out a letter. they also checked all standing inventory. Those 2 piece lock washers should help they really hold. Also a drop of blue loctite would be good. Loctite not only helps hold the fastener,it prevents bolts from getting rusted in with the way it seals the threads. Also make sure there is no rust, dirt or paint between the parts before you draw them tight.

/ ls dealer #39  
I haven't had any problems with the P series,But I do have a bulletin for the R series on the bolts for the king pin housing.They wanted us dealers to check during PDI that the bolts where tight. I had no tractors with this problem but LS had a concern about them and sent out a letter. they also checked all standing inventory. Those 2 piece lock washers should help they really hold. Also a drop of blue loctite would be good. Loctite not only helps hold the fastener,it prevents bolts from getting rusted in with the way it seals the threads. Also make sure there is no rust, dirt or paint between the parts before you draw them tight.
Thanks for the info. I was thinking that with the new washers I wouldn't need Loctite, but didn't consider the sealing properties to prevent rusting. I guess I will pick up some when I get my bolts. I just ordered all new bolts and washers to replace everything. I hope this fixes the problem.

/ ls dealer #40  

I have an R3039. Could you give a little more detail about the bulletin? Do you have to remove the front wheels to access these bolts and what is the proper torque. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet