Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44
  1. #11
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    310

    Default Re: New EVEN FRESHER LS J info than the First Fresh Info Thread.

    Well, I have very disappointing news.

    As close as the Woods / Dealer can tell, the BH6000 will mate to the back of the J, however, the set up was designed for the Boomer 25 from New Holland, and they use a different FEL then the LS. Wood's has no information, or very little information, for LS tractors. Nothing at all referenced for the J. The verdict is, no one knows if the BH6000 sub frame kit will work with the LS FEL. And since no one knows (As it's never been tried), the best anyone can tell me is that it won't work.

    Last ditch effort, I asked the Wood's rep if they make a FEL that would fit the Boomer 25, again because they reference nothing for the LS. Turns out the smallest loader they make is for the Boomer 30.

    I don't know anyone that is going to order a Woods hoe just to see how it fits together with the LS J. So for all intents and purposes, that avenue has been closed.

    So now we are back to square one. I am going to have to wait for a demonstration with the existing LS equipment so see just what swapping between the BH and MMM will be like. I won't pretend that this information has not been a bit of a blow.

    Warranty issues,, there are none now.

    I will post more info after the demo.
    Last edited by Singalo; 02-27-2013 at 04:42 PM.

  2. #12
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    69
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Tractor
    1954 Super M

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Singalo View Post
    Well, I have very disappointing news.

    As close as the Woods / Dealer can tell, the BH6000 will mate to the back of the J, however, the set up was designed for the Boomer 25 from New Holland, and they use a different FEL then the LS. Wood's has no information, or very little information, for LS tractors. Nothing at all referenced for the J. The verdict is, no one knows if the BH6000 sub frame kit will work with the LS FEL. And since no one knows (As it's never been tried), the best anyone can tell me is that it won't work.

    Last ditch effort, I asked the Wood's rep if they make a FEL that would fit the Boomer 25, again because they reference nothing for the LS. Turns out the smallest loader they make is for the Boomer 30.

    I don't know anyone that is going to order a Woods hoe just to see how it fits together with the LS J. So for all intents and purposes, that avenue has been closed.

    So now we are back to square one. I am going to have to wait for a demonstration with the existing LS equipment so see just what swapping between the BH and MMM will be like. I won't pretend that this information has not been a bit of a blow.

    Warranty issues,, there are none now.

    I will post more info after the demo.
    Just a question. Since you are looking to go the TLB route, why not move up a frame size to the G/R series?
    54 Super M w/ 3pt
    MT1801D Mitsubishi

  3. #13
    Platinum Member ozley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    509
    Location
    TN
    Tractor
    LS U5030C

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Singalo View Post
    Well, I have very disappointing news.

    As close as the Woods / Dealer can tell, the BH6000 will mate to the back of the J, however, the set up was designed for the Boomer 25 from New Holland, and they use a different FEL then the LS. Wood's has no information, or very little information, for LS tractors. Nothing at all referenced for the J. The verdict is, no one knows if the BH6000 sub frame kit will work with the LS FEL. And since no one knows (As it's never been tried), the best anyone can tell me is that it won't work.

    Last ditch effort, I asked the Wood's rep if they make a FEL that would fit the Boomer 25, again because they reference nothing for the LS. Turns out the smallest loader they make is for the Boomer 30.

    I don't know anyone that is going to order a Woods hoe just to see how it fits together with the LS J. So for all intents and purposes, that avenue has been closed.

    So now we are back to square one. I am going to have to wait for a demonstration with the existing LS equipment so see just what swapping between the BH and MMM will be like. I won't pretend that this information has not been a bit of a blow.

    Warranty issues,, there are none now.

    I will post more info after the demo.
    Well my heart goes out to you
    LS U5030C, International McCormick B-414 Gas

  4. #14
    Gold Member mangus580's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    472
    Location
    Western, NY
    Tractor
    Bolens (Iseki) H1502; LS R3039

    Default Re: New EVEN FRESHER LS J info than the First Fresh Info Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jhiphop72 View Post
    Just a question. Since you are looking to go the TLB route, why not move up a frame size to the G/R series?
    He is trying to stay smaller, as he intends this as his primary lawnmower as well. The G series doesnt offer a mid mount mower option either....

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    32
    Location
    Cato NY
    Tractor
    NH Boomer 30

    Default Re: New EVEN FRESHER LS J info than the First Fresh Info Thread.

    In December I bought a boomer 30 at the NH dealer in Auburn NY. Although not the same tractor I did basically what you are doing and was back and forth between the ls and the NH. I ended up with the NH purely on the dealer. I had more confidence in main and Pinckney, and so far I think it was the right choice. They did everything including touching up the paint before they delivered. I found that empire tractor had a better price, but they matched it no questions asked. For reference I paid 17500 for the boomer 30 with ssqa loader and loaded ag tires. Good luck!

  6. #16
    Elite Member GManBart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,664
    Location
    Belleville, MI
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler, Case 580 Super M Series 2

    Default Re: New EVEN FRESHER LS J info than the First Fresh Info Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by beardley View Post
    In December I bought a boomer 30 at the NH dealer in Auburn NY. Although not the same tractor I did basically what you are doing and was back and forth between the ls and the NH. I ended up with the NH purely on the dealer. I had more confidence in main and Pinckney, and so far I think it was the right choice. They did everything including touching up the paint before they delivered. I found that empire tractor had a better price, but they matched it no questions asked. For reference I paid 17500 for the boomer 30 with ssqa loader and loaded ag tires. Good luck!
    $17,500 for a Boomer 30...ouch! Was that an HST or 12spd gear? Did that include dual remotes, rear work light, and 11-pin?

  7. #17
    Super Member Gary Fowler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,221
    Location
    Bismarck Arkansas
    Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

    Default Re: New EVEN FRESHER LS J info than the First Fresh Info Thread.

    Some folks put way too much emphasis on dealer. Many tractor owners have never been back to the dealer after the sale except maybe to buy filters. While it is good to have a family friendly dealer that remembers your name and pats you on the back when you come in, the bottom line is the bottom line price you pay for the tractor. Paying $10K,$5Kor even $500 more for a "good" dealer doesn't guarantee you any better service or quality of tractor after the sale. I really don't care if the dealer has an A-hole working for him, I can deal with those guys, been doing it all my life and have been said to be one occasionally, as long as the price is right & he has a workable service center (something other than a shed attached to his portable office building.
    A good salesman will know everything about his tractors and one who doesn't know squat is not the guy I am going to deal with whether the dealer is a "good ole boy or not" I will ask for someone else if the "KID (might be 50 years old kid) doesn't seem to know his equipment.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    32
    Location
    Cato NY
    Tractor
    NH Boomer 30

    Default Re: New EVEN FRESHER LS J info than the First Fresh Info Thread.

    I don't disagree that the price is very important. In this case there is a big difference between the 2 dealers in my opinion. NH dealer has been in business selling NH for decades. The LS dealer has been a used equipment seller picking stuff from auctions and LS is their first new equipment they have carried for tractors. My confidence that they would even be an LS dealer the length of the warranty was not very high. The next closest dealer in our area was a long distance away and that has a cost. Different strokes for different folks, but I think a good dealer is a very important consideration.

  9. #19
    Elite Member J F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,177
    Location
    North of Atlanta, GA
    Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

    Default Re: New EVEN FRESHER LS J info than the First Fresh Info Thread.

    I'm somewhere in the middle. I will definitely pay more for better service. Whether anyone think's it's "a pat on the back" or not is up to them (I'm not arguing that point, but I thought it was a good one that you made).

    And how much I personally value "better service" is of course, up to me.
    ____
    Jay

  10. #20
    Elite Member J F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,177
    Location
    North of Atlanta, GA
    Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

    Default Re: New EVEN FRESHER LS J info than the First Fresh Info Thread.

    I guess I should add...if I'm buying the exact same widget (with said widget not needing service over the course of its life ), I of course will look for the lowest price.
    ____
    Jay

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Comparison Fresh LS Tractor J2030H info
    By Singalo in forum Buying/Pricing/Comparisons
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-25-2013, 08:01 AM
  2. looking for some info
    By desertjoe in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2010, 01:13 AM
  3. Looking for info
    By blackandblue in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-14-2005, 02:12 PM
  4. Info on DC 29 DA
    By tkcomer in forum New Holland Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-25-2005, 06:34 PM
  5. Yanmar HP rating info. WARNING USEFUL INFO REPOST
    By BrettFF205D in forum Yanmar
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-13-2002, 03:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.