Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    LS U3050C

Quote Originally Posted by DutchHenryBrown View Post
    Glad to see you put down cardboard for the puppies toes to rest on!!!! Nice looking rig enjoy your seat time.
    That cardboard comes shipped with tractor mine finally turn to dust and had to vacuum it out.
    LS U5030C, International McCormick B-414 Gas

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Default Re: New U5030C

Quote Originally Posted by hcf View Post
    Hi Gary,

From the outside of the tractor, looking up under the roof there are a couple of what I think are filter covers held on by two screws each. Haven't actually taken them off yet so am not positive.

Meant to mention that the intake for the HVAC is behind the driver's head and has a control for selecting either recirculating air or bringing in outside air.

Btw, I read one of your recent posts about not pushing stumps etc with the FEL, pushing backwards with a box blade, or back-dragging with the FEL bucket angled too far down. Not sure why I read that thread again, but am glad I did and appreciate the pointers. The first chore I wanted to do was push over some stumps and smooth the driveway.

HCF
    You can push with the fel on stumps or trees as long as you are centered without any problem, It is pushing from one side that warps stuff. Also don't try to dig with the corner of the bucket or push from one side unless you are sure there isn't any immovable objects, loose stuff wont hurt. Same for lifting, don't lift from one side unless it is really light. I like to make a Y for single drop or upside down U for double drop by hooking the chain in both hooks (welded on in line with the FEL attachment points) and then either dropping the ends (inverted U) or hook one end back to the chain to form a Y so it is all center loaded or at least loaded equally from both sides.
    Box blade can be backed into loose fill for spreading without a problem. The problems happen when you hit that immovable object that you didn't know about in the loose stuff. Always best to drag not push with the box blade or straight blade. The LS loaders are pretty tough. I have dug out ponds with mine and hit big immovable rocks the stopped me in may tracks and not hurt it, but it pay to go slow when digging with the FEL if there is a possibility of hitting something. Back dragging with the FEL tipped down at a very acute angle can bend the bottom pan ( I bent mine a bit back dragging some rock and forgot there was a stump under the rocks.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp CC AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

hcf
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    BCS

Thanks for all of the replies.

Two of the three closest LS dealers were very interested in selling a tractor. I ended up going with the one a few miles closer, but the other dealer would have been a great person to work with also. One dealer mentioned that LS gives an additional discount for cash customers. Kioti dealer was the closest reasonable alternative and would have been good to work with, but I like the LS better. Around here Kioti has a good reputation for being hard to break. kubota dealer said he just uses an old Ford tractor and that's probable all I'd ever need too.

Am thinking the cardboard will make a good template for cutting a piece of outdoor carpet or something for the floor. That will be easier if I get that done before it turns to dust.

Thanks for the additional chain lifting tips Gary.

Dog is wondering why the windows don't roll down.

HCF

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

The tractor looks GREAT. Can't wait to see how it works out for you.

Good luck.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

hcf
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    BCS

Thanks Brian,

It'll look even better once there's a top/tilt kit on it!

HCF

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Montana R4944, Ford Jubilee, Ford 621, Ford 841

Quote Originally Posted by hcf View Post
    Thanks Brian,

It'll look even better once there's a top/tilt kit on it!

HCF
    And even better once it gets some dirt on it! A dirty tractor is a happy tractor! That is till you wash it.
    Montana R4944
    Ford Jubliee, Ford 841, Ford 621 industrial with FEL & BH

hcf
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    BCS

Just got an ad today...LS5030C with FEL for $29,500. A bit better than the deal I got.

Tractor
    LS U5030C

hcf where did you end up buying your 5030C from? I'm looking at one also how do you like yours? I've heard good things about LS tractors is there anything I need to be aware of?
    Thanks JR

hcf
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    BCS

Hi Johnny,

Bought mine at Hirsch in West Plains. Only have 70 hours on mine, but would by the same tractor at the same place if I needed another one.

I think it is good advice to but at the nearest dealer if they're reasonably priced and seem like they will provide service after the sale.

HCF

Tractor
    LS U5030C

They priced one to me at Freeburg yesterday for 30,500 then 200 to fill rear tires not to bad of a price i didn't think.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast