New U5030C

/ New U5030C #1  

hcf

Bronze Member
Tractor
BCS
Reading the LS Forum proved hazardous to the checking account...

New LS U5030C
*extra set of inner and outer engine air filters
*extra oil filter
*extra hydraulic filter
*extra fuel filter
*extra set of regular cabin air filters
*extra set of activated carbon cabin air filters
*full diesel tank
*shop & parts manual (dealer printed a copy from internet ~1.5" thick)
*free delivery (55 miles)
*free transportation for first two problems covered by warranty
$30k

Wasn't going to ask for any swag, but dealer added t-shirt, coffee mug, pen, and tote bag.

Also got a Shaver HD-8 post driver set up for 3ph for $2100.

Looked at a few different U5030C's. The newer ones don't have the hatch in the roof, and the HVAC, radio, etc are more spread out so there is more headroom. There is a place for a 3rd rear remote lever, but that option is not yet available. Should be a kit for that some day. Had to order it to get ag tires as most dealers were pushing industrial tires. The one I saw with ag tires had the older more crowded cab, but it was good to see one with ag tires to make sure that's what I really wanted.

Now, if everyone that reads this would please chip in $100!

Many thanks to all the posters that have shared their insight and experiences (both good and bad),

HCF

"Dog is my co-farmer"

Attachments

• SAM_0601-R1.JPG
    SAM_0601-R1.JPG
    290.9 KB · Views: 381
  • SAM_0596-R1.JPG
    SAM_0596-R1.JPG
    527.7 KB · Views: 387
  • SAM_0598-R1.JPG
    SAM_0598-R1.JPG
    344.4 KB · Views: 442
   / New U5030C
Thanks GManBart.

Just to be clear, the $100 is for dog food.

/ New U5030C #4  
Congratulations, but will your co-farmer let you drive?

/ New U5030C
Thanks Bob.

I get to drive but he picks out the music. Not sure how many more times I can hear "How much is that doggie in the window" before I trade jobs with him.

/ New U5030C #6  
Very nice tractor. Any idea on how/where those filters are located for the AC. My manual doesn't say anything about them. Hopefully the locations are similar to my 2year old tractor.

/ New U5030C
Hi Gary,

From the outside of the tractor, looking up under the roof there are a couple of what I think are filter covers held on by two screws each. Haven't actually taken them off yet so am not positive.

Meant to mention that the intake for the HVAC is behind the driver's head and has a control for selecting either recirculating air or bringing in outside air.

Btw, I read one of your recent posts about not pushing stumps etc with the FEL, pushing backwards with a box blade, or back-dragging with the FEL bucket angled too far down. Not sure why I read that thread again, but am glad I did and appreciate the pointers. The first chore I wanted to do was push over some stumps and smooth the driveway.

HCF

/ New U5030C #8  
****, what a lot off tractor for $30k !!! My buddy just picked up a Kubota L3540 HST+ cab/loader for like $31k.... Nice tractor, but not even in the same pre-league as this 5030.

I never thought I'd want a cab, but after seeing his, and your new one (and Gary's) I'm thinking more about it.

A guy I know at a NH dealership said I can get one starting at $3600... (Boomer 40/50 ... Should fit) Can't afford that right now, but man they sure look nice.

Sounds like your dealer really worked with you

Sent from my Motorola Photon using TractorByNet for Android

/ New U5030C #9  
Very nice tractor. Any idea on how/where those filters are located for the AC. My manual doesn't say anything about them. Hopefully the locations are similar to my 2year old tractor.

The U&P series use the same cab filter,qty 2 .PN 40032863 for standard,or PN 40223717 for the charcoal filter

/ New U5030C #10  
Glad to see you put down cardboard for the puppies toes to rest on!!!!:D Nice looking rig enjoy your seat time.:thumbsup: