R4041 Loader Issue LB4101

/ R4041 Loader Issue LB4101 #1  

boomer632

Silver Member
Tractor
2011 LS R4041EZ - 2014 Bad Boy CZT Elite - 1948 Ford 8N
Ok.. the tractor has 180 hours on it and noticed what I think may be a problem with the loader or hydraulics. While using loader to push snow piles today I noticed the following:

When I rolled the bucket all the way do dump snow I noticed that there was about a second and a half delay just prior to the bucket cylinders extending out all the way to full dump. When I rolled the bucket.. at just prior to the cylinders being fully extended... at about 95% roll when bucket lip was facing down... the bucket would actually swing back and fourth about 2 inches before the cylinders finally built pressure to push the remainiing 2 inches or so to full extension. It appears that there is no pressure in the cylinders during the time the bucket swings back and fourth. All of this happens when the bucket lip is about headlight level attempting a full roll to dump. Has anybody else noticed this on their loader? Might be worth a look. Im going to make a video tomorrow and show the dealer and see what he says.

/ R4041 Loader Issue LB4101 #2  
I noticed this with my 3039 the other day. Oddly, I dont think it did it when I first got it. I noticed it after I was doing some back scraping in the 'frozen' cow stall. It almost made me wonder if I put some tension on one of the linkages, causing it to now bind a little when it is dumping.

Makes me feel a little better to have someone else have a similar issue!

I will have to experiment with mine to see if it only does it at one height or another.

/ R4041 Loader Issue LB4101 #3  
Mine also does this when almost fully dumped. at first I thought it was air in the cylinders, but now im not sure if its the linkage or ????

/ R4041 Loader Issue LB4101 #4  
Not to be concerened,that happens to many loaders and backhoes too. What is happening is when you move the loader control to dump the cly.oil being pumped to what we will call A port is pushing the piston out or extending the cly. The B port of the cyl is returnig oil to the valve then to tank. Two things are happening. one the load of the bucket pulls the ram out faster than you are really controling,the B port of the cly now works as a pump pushing oil to tank with no restriction. The second thing is that the A port oil is NOT entering the cyl.as fast as the B port is pushing. This cause the void you see as the swinging bucket,then the oil catches up to finish its stroke. Most of the time by increaseing the engine RPM will prevent this This allows the pump to delever max flow of oil. Also continue to hold the lever to allow the oil to fill the void. If though you notice drifting of the cyl or the load drops then that could be a packing or loose piston. And as Bladehauler had said play in the linkage will also show some back and forth movment.

/ R4041 Loader Issue LB4101 #5  
Thank you for the detailed explanation Hansen equipment.
My last name is also Hansen , so that means I get a discount right?:)

/ R4041 Loader Issue LB4101 #6  
My P 7010 does this also and is quite a delay when engine is idling, so I don't think there is a problem with linkage just oil flow as Hansen Equipment explained.

/ R4041 Loader Issue LB4101
I had mine running at about 2000 rpm when I noticed it happen. I did notice that the rods did move back and fourth when the bucket did. I thought there would always be pressure in the cylinders in one direction or the other which would prevent the bucket from swaying. Thanks for the info. I'll post dealer response when I get video to him.

Last edited:
   / R4041 Loader Issue LB4101 #8  
Interesting. Haven't noticed this yet, but then I've only logged a few hours on it.

My Kioti never did that, and of the 220 hrs I put on it last year, at least 175 of those were during loader work.

Granted that was a HST and my RPM's were up... But... Seems like a design flaw somehow, as it doesn't seem right to me.

I've also noticed that moving the bucket in "dual function", as in lifting AND curling at the same time, is temperamental. Seems like it can lift AND curl and lower AND drop... But those are touchy. I don't think I've been able to make it lower AND curl or lift AND drop as a dual function

Sent from my Motorola Photon using TractorByNet for Android

/ R4041 Loader Issue LB4101 #9  
I've also noticed that moving the bucket in "dual function", as in lifting AND curling at the same time, is temperamental. Seems like it can lift AND curl and lower AND drop... But those are touchy. I don't think I've been able to make it lower AND curl or lift AND drop as a dual function

Yeah, its a major letdown when you attempt it. I am still holding out hope that as the valve 'breaks in' it might get a little better.

/ R4041 Loader Issue LB4101 #10  
Yeah, its a major letdown when you attempt it. I am still holding out hope that as the valve 'breaks in' it might get a little better.

Shoot... I was hoping I was the only one experiencing that and that it would work itself out. Sounds like a design issue, might even be as simple as the joystick, but I doubt it

Sent from my Motorola Photon using TractorByNet for Android