Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    LS R4010 & Cub Cadet 7300

Default Re: Opinion on backhoe for 4047

^ What he said.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    LS 4047H

I'm paying what I consider a fair price; both Ty and I are satisfied with it . Not trying to be difficult, but I think there are a few variables that can affect price, either up or down, and I don't want to negatively impact anyones future business transactions .
    Galatians 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

LS R4047H
    Hustler Fastrak SD

Tractor
    2011 LS R4041EZ - 2014 Bad Boy CZT Elite - 1948 Ford 8N

Every other thread here is asking what someone paid for their tractor or attachments
    Sorry I asked...
    2011 LS R4041EZ - 1948 Ford 8N - 2014 Bad Boy CZT Elite

Silver Member
    Tractor
    LS 4047H

Tones of voice aren't audible when I'm typing on the internet, so I used a smilie face to show I meant no disrespect or ill-will. If someone shows up at a dealer (an honest dealer, mind you) and expects to pay the same price for something as "Joe" did, but other factors are involved, then Joe has possibly created ill will between the potential customer and the dealer. When I have respect for a dealer I'd rather err on the side of caution. I apologize to you, boomer, if you mistakenly took offense.
    Galatians 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

LS R4047H
    Hustler Fastrak SD

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Sharing info on the internet to me is a good thing and keeps a dealer on his toes. I much prefer getting info on what someone else paid vs going in and paying an agreed price only to have a friend or acquaintance (it happens everytime) say they paid less. Regardless of what you paid, it is good to share the info with others. If it was exceptional because of XXXXX then explain that. I know some folks wont tell anyone what they paid for fear that they will get the one upmanship answer so common with car buyers. Tractor sales seem to be not so much different per region regardless of dealer with exception of a dealer looking to cut his losses on a long term lot setter.
    I cant see a dealer having ill will for someone asking for a certain price even if you say Joe Bleux got one here for this amount, all he has to say is I can no longer sell it for that and that's that. You can negotiate a reasonable difference to your satisfaction or you can go somewhere else to try your luck. Knowing that it is possible (as long as Joe Bleaux didn't lie about his paying price) can sometimes get you a good deal or at least know about how much the salesman is trying to make off the deal. I have seen folks get better pricing from a different salesman at car dealers all the time. One salesman might relinquish some of his commission to close a deal whereas another may be setting flush with recent sales so he doesn't need the sale that badly so he sets his price at full and holds firm.
    I have no problem telling folks what I paid for something and why I paid that amount, for instance, I paid $35,500 for my LS P7010C and likely could have haggled for several weeks and saved a grand, but my time was worth more than that at the time and I dislike haggling anyway. I didn't have anyone that had every bought an LS at the time (2010) so I had no baseline other than what other dealers of other brands had stated. If I had info from others, could I have made a counter offer that would have been acceptable, likely. DID I CARE, NOPE. I wanted to close the deal immediately and use the tractor right away. I signed on the bottom line @4PM and the tractor was delivered the next day and I was digging a pond with it that afternoon.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    Massey 1648 HST Cab

I shared the pricing contest I just performed with different dealerships regarding my new LS... and for that matter, everything else I've purchased related to outdoor toys (including my new ZTR). I think it's good for people to have a baseline for what to expect. Like was already said, No one expects to get exactly the same price as you did, but they CAN use it as a baseline to begin shopping. When Gmanbart just bought his new R4047H, I went to the same dealer, same salesman, and was priced a few hundred higher than he paid. I even told him that Bart had referred me, knowing he'd know what was paid for the tractor. No biggie, I wasn't going to kill the deal because I couldn't get the same price :O Ultimately I found another dealer that I liked better and beat that one's pricing.

But with that said, I can also respect someone's decision if they feel like they're letting the cat out of the bag by disclosing a price... even if I don't agree with it, it's not my decision to make.

To the OP - are you going to be using the BH a lot? If not, maybe one of the 3-pt (used) ones might be an option? Like I mentioned, there are a few here in Mich (Craigslist) for around $2000-3000. If there's a good reason NOT to, I'd like to know, because in a few years, I'm going to be looking for one too.
    Massey 1648 HST Cab
    QA 72'' bucket * 60" Custom Grapple Bucket * QA Forks * 96'' Rhino HD Back Blade * 84" Rhino Box Blade
    84" LandPride Rake * 78" KK HD Box Discs * WorkSaver SG-26 Stump Grinder * Middle buster plow * Wallenstein BX42s Chipper
    Hustler Z Diesel 66" ZTR mower (25 hp Shibaura diesel)
    20' PJ Equipment Hauler/Trailer
    2008 F250 Crew V10 4x4

290 hrs on 9/15/04

Elite Member
    Tractor
    LS R4010 & Cub Cadet 7300

Right now, while I am considering getting an LS backhoe for my R4010, that info would have been extremely interesting to me. As much as I like my friends at the dealer, I don't want to deal with them from a point of total ignorance, unless I want to think of myself as Santa Clause all year long.

The profit is all profit, and the overhead is all overhead. The dealer deserves his cut, for he does have his overhead. He works for his profit by getting as much as he can. How much he deserves for your doing business with him is a judgement call. If he burns you, or even makes out well on a deal, he'll never tell you. You, in any case, are not ever likely to burn him, because he always holds the aces. We don't see his hand unless he shows it, and if he shows it, is that really it?

I hate the game of haggling, but I would still like to feel we both play Santa Clause at times. I don't think dealing on this level is a whole lot different than Vegas. They are not there to lose money. Knowledge is power, and if we want any power, we will have to get our knowledge somewhere. I don't think we do each other any service by keeping each other ignorant, when we need not do so.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler

If the dealer is being reasonable, I don't see why they'd mind someone sharing what the price was.

If I was a dealer, I'd want the word spread far and wide that I'm a fair guy, and I try to make my living off volume, at reasonable prices....tell all your friends. I'd also have a lot more toys!

Tractor
    LS U5020/LS G3033/Ford 8N

I don't have a LS backhoe, but I do have a Great Bend 3 point backhoe that I switch between my Mahindra 5500 and LS G3033. It works great. I like having the hydraulic pump on my PTO instead of using the tractors hydraulics. Mine digs to 7.5 feet and seems to have plenty of power for digging trenches, holes and stumps. As with all things, works withing what it was designed to do. I paid $4500 around 5 years ago. I see alot around $6000 now.

Tractor
    LS,Kioti,Branson Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephous View Post
    I'm paying what I consider a fair price; both Ty and I are satisfied with it . Not trying to be difficult, but I think there are a few variables that can affect price, either up or down, and I don't want to negatively impact anyones future business transactions .
    I think what Bocephous is saying about some ones future business transactions is geared towards some one using his price to shop for themself at a different dealer and creating a problem for Themselves. Maybe WE are more maybe WE are less. There are a lot of variables and sometimes you the consumer can win. We have price changes,sometimes a dealer has old inventory that is just less,or he needs to dump it because he is paying intrest. Then there is freight, how far how many units etc. Wholegood ordering discounts for quanity,when the order is placed,when there shipped. Who are they floorplaned with,or prepay cash.
    Our buying (dealer) and shipping etc.is no different than the consumer shopping for a deal. I beleve that is what Bocephous was getting at. Bocephous biggest variable is that his deal for the loose backhoe was priced to him as if he was buying all his equipment at once as a package TLB and rotary cutter.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast