My biggest stump

/ My biggest stump #31  
IMG_1214.jpgIMG_1221.jpgMy biggest stump to date is still in the ground. I was able to cut all the big roots all the way around but it is too wet to do anything else with it. I am thinking I will drop a chain under the root ball and see if I can pull it thru and cut all the small roots as I cant dig any closer with my back hoe. I think the LS P7010 might have the power to pull it thru. If not my other idea is to use it like a saw blade with 2 tractors and pull each one back and forth with the dragged tractor holding tension on the chain so it kinda saws its way thru.
It only took me an hour to dig around it but it is so large that even with all the big roots cut, it is still solid and immovable at this point. The soil around it is water logged and some standing water so it is going to set like it is for a while till we stop getting rains every 3 days. It is hard to tell from the photos but I dug about 3 feet deep or more in some spots all the way around. It was filling up with water in the deeper spots that I dug. I didn't find any more roots below about 3 feet.

/ My biggest stump #33  
YEP , two pins and two hoses.it takes some practice at first lining up the front and rear mounts , but once aligned , it slips right in.
I can put it on and take it off in 1-5 minutes. just depends on how well I line up the tractor with it .

That's not bad at all. I'm seriously considering adding the BH to mine. Any idea what it weighs? I'm siding trailers now, and that could factor in....website doesn't list a weight.

/ My biggest stump
That's not bad at all. I'm seriously considering adding the BH to mine. Any idea what it weighs? I'm siding trailers now, and that could factor in....website doesn't list a weight.

Im not sure what it weighs, I would guess 1000-1200 lbs. just by the way the tractor feels

/ My biggest stump #36  
My biggest stump was still growing. :)

About 18' tall.

P7260001.JPG P7260006.JPG

/ My biggest stump #37  
My biggest stump was still growing. :)

About 18' tall.

View attachment 312612 View attachment 312613

I've ripped up to 12 footers out of the ground during mud season in Northern new England. Was pretty easy and I actually transplated them and every one lived. Used a 3/8" or 1/2" chain that kinked and did not damage the bark very much. Damage the bark and it won't work.

/ My biggest stump #39  
This is the first stump I've dug with this tractor... Only a 12" Maple, but it was loaded full of wet clay which made it a real "you know what" to get out and move. But the good news is I'm getting a stump-bucket on Saturday :D

Just finished digging it out, really rutted up my yard trying to get traction in the clay
4-23-13 048.jpg

Trying to lift it with the forks to shake off the clay
4-23-13 050.jpg

Flipping it a few times to move it - will have to wait for the clay to dry so I can shake some more out
4-23-13 052.jpg

/ My biggest stump #40  
Reverse wheelie... Lol