Might be offline for a few Weeks

/ Might be offline for a few Weeks
I haven't gone yet. There is some approval cycles with the client to go thru, a physical to pass and work visa to obtain. I just told the contact that I was available for short term.

/ Might be offline for a few Weeks #22  
Enjoy....be safe and come home soon!:thumbsup:

Got some more forms to fill out today for processing. Looks like if I can pass the physical they want me to get there as soon as possible and stay and extended rotation of up to 10 weeks (Mid June) till the official QC Manager is released from his other project. Having worked on that project, nothing goes as scheduled. I finished my part on that job in June of 2011 and it was to be completed by Dec of that year and here it is almost April 2013 and it is still not completed.
10 weeks to be away from my wife, dog and tractors might cause withdrawal symptoms (not sure what those might be though)

/ Might be offline for a few Weeks #25  
Gary.

Seems like you just got home from Algeria - that was May-June last year IIRC.

Well hopefully you wont miss the entire tractor season and as others have said, be safe and we look forward to hearing from you in Africa !

Carl

Gary.

Seems like you just got home from Algeria - that was May-June last year IIRC.

Well hopefully you wont miss the entire tractor season and as others have said, be safe and we look forward to hearing from you in Africa !

Carl
I just got my assignment letter with some dates. Mobilization is listed as April 10 thru July 10th. It may not last that long depending on release of the permanent QC manager from his present job in Nigeria. It not as much money as other jobs but I will get one day a week to rest and only 10 hours per day rather than the 7 days a week and 12 hour days of the previous jobs in Africa. Of course there isn't anything to do at those places on the day off so you may as well be working. Looks like I will only be making about $5K per week so I suppose it will be worth the effort.

/ Might be offline for a few Weeks #27  
Sounds like a pretty good gig Gary, hope they fly you in a comfortable seat and you are treated well and are in a safe place.

So we will expect some boring photos of pipelines and sand in a few weeks.

Carl

Sounds like a pretty good gig Gary, hope they fly you in a comfortable seat and you are treated well and are in a safe place.

So we will expect some boring photos of pipelines and sand in a few weeks.

Carl
The travel arrangements are Business Class flights so I know they will be as good as it gets in an airplane. I got in about 400K miles in Business class on the Nigerian job but had to fly economy in Algeria although I got one way bumped up to business using my Platinum air miles but had no seats on the way home (bummer 14 hours in econo sucks)
I did look up the location (Lobito Angola) and it is a sea port town. They will be going into winter months as I get there and temps average 62 for low and 86 for high all winter months. It looks like the temps are pretty stable and not nearly as cold as Algeria was nor hot as Nigeria (think Hawaii climate)

/ Might be offline for a few Weeks #30  
Be on your guard,Gary! I know there are people unfriendly to Americans there:eek:. Personally,I'd be afraid to go,but you seem comfortable with it so you must know something I don't.LOL! Have a great trip and be careful,man! don-ohio :)^)